Introducing GearDrop from BaseMap

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
GearDrop #2 is now live! This weeks GearDrop is brought to you by SPOT. We are giving away a SPOT X with Bluetooth and a years worth of unlimited service. This is a great item for those that travel deep into the backcountry where cell service is at best limited. Or for those that want to have the piece of mind and have the ability to message home as well as call for help.

The GearDrop this week is located in Smokey Mountain National Park. You have until Monday 11/18 at 6:00pm PST to drop a marker for a chance to win. Good luck!

www.basemap.com/geardrop

Social Post - Spot X.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

Are you a hunter? Do you drink coffee? If so, you will love our third GearDrop. We are giving away a years supply of coffee from Hunters Blend Coffee. This will include 2 bags sent to you per month for a year. They make great tasting coffee and also support conservation efforts. Open up the app and drop a marker in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana for a chance to win this great package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXmP_t2F5U

Hunters Blend with price black background.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Are you a hunter? Do you drink coffee? If so, you will love our third GearDrop. We are giving away a years supply of coffee from Hunters Blend Coffee. This will include 2 bags sent to you per month for a year. They make great tasting coffee and also support conservation efforts. Open up the app and drop a marker in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana for a chance to win this great package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXmP_t2F5U

View attachment 134246

OK, even though I’m not eligible to win, I’ll play. I put mine here.
2f5030d0a556c1347378c1be1ad306e6.jpg

It was really easy when I open my app, at the bottom it had a gear drop link down by my profile, etc. Easy as pie.

Roksliders, if you’ve got BaseMap get in on this. It’s kind of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BaseMap

GearDrop #4 is here! This weeks GearDrop is brought to you by ZEISS Optics and we are giving away a pair of ZEISS Terra ED 10x42 binoculars. Just open up the app, click on the GearDrop icon, and drop a marker in Yosemite National Park. It is that easy. Keep in mind, we also give out swag packs to 2nd and 3rd place winners. As always, this GearDrop will end on Monday at 6:00pm PST. Good luck!

www.basemap.com/geardrop

Social Post - Binoculars.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

GearDrop #5 is now live! This week we take you to the great state of South Dakota and Badlands National Park. Eastmans' Hunting Journals is sponsoring this weeks GearDrop with a great prize package.
Still have questions on how to play GearDrop, follow the link below to see a short video on how to drop a marker and enter into the GearDrop contest.

https://youtu.be/Xfsge9I43mw

Social Post - Eastmans.jpg

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
GearDrop #5 is now live! This week we take you to the great state of South Dakota and Badlands National Park. Eastmans' Hunting Journals is sponsoring this weeks GearDrop with a great prize package.
Still have questions on how to play GearDrop, follow the link below to see a short video on how to drop a marker and enter into the GearDrop contest.

View attachment 137488

2c3c1e7e63e4885e182db404c45d123a.jpg

Aim small, miss small !

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 137488

I’ve got the email announcing winners but do you put out the location that was chosen?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok but I checked my journal in the app. I see the winners names but no location. What am I doing wrong?

I was just going to post the same. Also, it appears other people are having trouble as well looking at the comments under the log.

OP
B

BaseMap

Ok but I checked my journal in the app. I see the winners names but no location. What am I doing wrong?

If you click on the teardrop icon at the bottom right of the journal post under the photo it will take you directly to the location of that weeks GearDrop.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you click on the teardrop icon at the bottom right of the journal post under the photo it will take you directly to the location of that weeks GearDrop.

Thanks for the help BaseMap but still no luck. I went to the place you said, hit the teardrop,
d74bcf5a3dbe0200dfa309d4ff663a5a.jpg

pulled up a map, in this case the Bob Marshall wilderness, but all I see is a photo icon. I tapped it for more info but it’s not a link
3c8957a43979a7156a002885f8095641.jpg

Is that where the gear drop was?

OP
B

BaseMap

Thanks for the help BaseMap but still no luck. I went to the place you said, hit the teardrop,
d74bcf5a3dbe0200dfa309d4ff663a5a.jpg

pulled up a map, in this case the Bob Marshall wilderness, but all I see is a photo icon. I tapped it for more info but it’s not a link
3c8957a43979a7156a002885f8095641.jpg

Is that where the gear drop was?

That is the location of the GearDrop. That teardrop icon takes you to the location of the waypoint we setup.