Introducing GearDrop from BaseMap

Just want to say kudos to Basemap for adding compass mode in todays 5.0 release. It was truly the 1 thing the app needed to bump it over the top. The set bearing feature is just lagniappe. Looks great.

Last edited:
OP
B

BaseMap

This week we have Initial Ascent back as our GearDrop sponsor. Initial Ascent makes great packs that any backcountry hunter will find useful. We are giving away an Initial Ascent IA2K Backpack to one lucky winner this week. Let BaseMap and Initial Ascent help get you ready for fall!

As always, drop your guess markers by 6:00pm PST on Monday for a chance to win. Good luck!

Social - Initial Ascent copy.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

This week we have Pop-Up Blinds as our GearDrop sponsor. This is our single person portable blind made for Waterfowl, deer and turkey hunting. 22 lbs and folds up for easy transport over your shoulder in the field. 500D cordura nylon with nylon webbing for vegetation.

Drop guess markers by 6:00pm PST on Monday for a chance to win. Good luck!Social - Pop-Up Portable Blind.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

One lucky winner is going to get a Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC battery pack and a Nomad 50 Solar Panel. This is a great kit to have in the field to keep your phone, cameras, and other electronics charged at all times.

Drop your guess markers by 6:00pm PST on Monday for a chance to win. Good luck!
Social - Goal Zero.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

This weeks GearDrop Sponsor is WiseEye trail camera. They make an innovative system allowing you to track animals on your camera. One lucky winner will get one of their trail camera's along with a solar panel. This is a great prize as scouting season is approaching quickly.

Drop your guess markers by 6:00pm PST on Monday for a chance to win. Good luck.

Wise Eye Mobile.jpgWise Eye Mobile.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

This week we welcome our friends at Western Hunter as our GearDrop sponsor. If you are a fan of the TV show, you know that these guys are users and fans of BaseMap. We have partnered with them to give away 10 of their Super Subscriptions as well as a year of BaseMap Pro. The top 10 players will get a year of Western Hunter Magazine, online access to all of the seasons of Western Hunter TV, and a full year of BaseMap Pro! This is a great chance to do some research to increase your odds of success in the field this year.

Western Hunter Mobile copy.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

We welcome SPOT back as this weeks GearDrop Sponsor. This week, one lucky winner will get a SPOT Gen4 GPS Messenger device. In case of emergency this device will be extremely useful if you are needing rescue while in the field. You can also check in with home to let your loved ones know you are okay. The SPOT Gen4 helps to provide peace of mind.

SPOT Gen4 Mobile.jpg

OP
B

BaseMap

This week we welcome SKRE Gear back as our GearDrop Sponsor. One piece of gear that every hunter needs is a good set of rain gear. SKRE Gear make high quality products and their rain gear is no different. One lucky winner will get a set of SKRE Gear Nebo Pants and Jacket for your upcoming season.

Nebo Mobile.jpg

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone played with their bdx rangefinder, and basemap? WOW! You can now range something, and it pops up on the map. It seems pretty accurate ranging random trees around the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone played with their bdx rangefinder, and basemap? WOW! You can now range something, and it pops up on the map. It seems pretty accurate ranging random trees around the house.

I got an email on that today. Amazing!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was playing around with remote marker today. Seems pretty accurate. I ranged a house in the middle of nowhere, 1950 yards away and dropped a marker. It dropped within 20-30 yards of the house.

OP
B

BaseMap

Anybody know why there's no GearDrop up for this week yet?? I'm pretty addicted to that now ;)
Due to our recent updates with the Remote Marker capabilities, this week's GearDrop has been delayed. If you tap on GearDrop in the app menu, you should see a message that it's coming soon, and when you close that, it should return you back to the map. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yooper

WKR
Due to our recent updates with the Remote Marker capabilities, this week's GearDrop has been delayed. If you tap on GearDrop in the app menu, you should see a message that it's coming soon, and when you close that, it should return you back to the map. Sorry for the inconvenience.
So still no Gear Drop? Been a few weeks now....is it done for good?