Introducing The All New Seek Outside Lanner 5400 Backpack

Lee Harrison

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
r9kfes.gif
The Lanner 5400 backpack is available for pre-order! Customers have been asking us to make a pack similar to the Peregrine 3500 only bigger. So, we answered you with the Lanner 5400. Much like the Peregrine, the Lanner features a similar pocketing design with dual side optics pockets, mesh stuff pocket, and same-side dual zippered organizational pockets on the face (no more flipping your bag over again and again to access all the pockets). It also boasts a new feature for SO packs, the built-in shroud lid.

121s93t.jpg

Click HERE to learn more!​

Phaseolus

WKR
Dang, I see a new bag in my future. The Peregrine is a fine pack but I can see myself owning this bag too.

If I hadn't of purchased a Fortress 6300 last year I'd likely be inquiring to see if SO would be willing to build me a Lanner sans the side zip! Looks nice!

Ranger185

FNG
Anyone get one of these packs yet? I know they are in pre-order, don't know if anyone has their hands on it. I'd be interested in a review!

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone get one of these packs yet? I know they are in pre-order, don't know if anyone has their hands on it. I'd be interested in a review!

One arrived at my house yesterday! I'll be doing a long term test and a review on the new Lanner 5400. Look for a sticky thread in the next day or so for a few preliminary photos.
-Josh

Ranger185

FNG
If I hadn't of purchased a Fortress 6300 last year I'd likely be inquiring to see if SO would be willing to build me a Lanner sans the side zip! Looks nice!

Runningwater,

I know you're a huge proponent of the 6300, but what it catching your attention on the Lanner? I think they are both great packs, but seeing a bunch of your posts praising the Fortress, I'd really be interested in hearing your thoughts on the new pack.

ATW,
Ranger185

I didn't think the regular talon was great from a pocket storage standpoint (great for compressing load to the outside of bag though) - so I ended up with the Merlin talon to add some pocket space on my Fortress. The Lanner appears it would get me to pretty close to the same place without the Merlin, and appears to have bigger side pockets. I'm guessing maybe the bag is smaller - maybe closer to the Fortress 4800 bag? I like no zipper with the associated extra weather proofness in the Fortress- whereas the Lanner has a zipper. Having never touched or seen a Lanner first hand, please take my observations with a grain of salt. It appears with the Lanner you get some nice places to stick some things without getting into the bag, and is a little less "strappy". What you may loose is the compressing talon (either type), and those extra straps in a Fortress give you lots of options to snug down tight and carry about any damn thing you could think of up to what you can lift. Tough decision!

mt100gr.

WKR
Lee or Kevin - what is included with the Lanner for a bag-only purchase?

The website lists a handful of included items that I haven't heard mentioned with, or seen being used with the Lanner.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry, the website was incorrect on the included. It is now correct. Pack Bag Only comes with anything unique to that bag which is roll top hold down straps

mt100gr.

WKR
Sorry, the website was incorrect on the included. It is now correct. Pack Bag Only comes with anything unique to that bag which is roll top hold down straps

So the side compression straps are not included? Are those considered part of the frame if purchased individually (specifically, side compression straps with gatekeepers)?

Thanks

mt100gr.

WKR
Kevin and Lee - the above question, please, and also the mentioned straps and buckles that are a more adaptable feature in place of ice axe loops - are those straps and buckles included?

Could you please post a picture of the bottom of the bag?

Thanks

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kevin and Lee - the above question, please, and also the mentioned straps and buckles that are a more adaptable feature in place of ice axe loops - are those straps and buckles included?

Could you please post a picture of the bottom of the bag?

Thanks

Yes those items are with the frame . The pack bag includes anything that is different from standard frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk