Introduction from New Zealand

Hello Guys

Can't find a special section for intro's so here goes - I'm another Kiwi hunter (I see a few others on here too) from about as far south as you can go in New Zealand (the small city of Invercargill, pop 50,000 to be specific).

I put a bit of venison in the freezer when we run low but my passion is Tahr (Himalayan Tahr) hunting in our mountains, I don't generally take trophies but just enjoy being out in grand country. Its been my pleasure to host/assist many visiting hunters, I'm not a guide, but will often take a guy/gal hunting in some easier country so he/she is well acclimatized for their main hunt.

I've hung out here and garnered a lot of good advice for some years - time to step out into the room!

Cheers
Foster
Foster,
Id love to pick your brain or chat about a new zealand trip, Im looking at going next march/april and would love to meet up and hunt or "trade" hunts or info along the way. Shoot me a message and lets go hunt!

we hit 5$ Dominoes large pizza that’s by the 90 corner on highway 1. It’s real good for people watching. Neck and neck with Ashburton and Gore to be fair.

OP
T

Tentman

FNG
Haha - my cousin has a large farm just over the hill from Papatowai so I get over there frequently - and have been to "The Whistling Frog" cafe but not the "Lost Gypsy" - the farm there has a good stock of red deer so its a good place to go to put something in the freezer!

Haha - my cousin has a large farm just over the hill from Papatowai so I get over there frequently - and have been to "The Whistling Frog" cafe but not the "Lost Gypsy" - the farm there has a good stock of red deer so its a good place to go to put something in the freezer!

In a previous time frame that would have been nice to know. Any good heads?

Parakanui bay alone is almost worth the halfway trip around the world let alone the drive from kaikoura.

I’m sure you’ve been but if you haven’t the matai falls are pretty cool. My oldest had her 2nd birthday there. The bush in there is so good.

OP
T

Tentman

FNG
The Catlin's area does produce a good head from time to time but I have a suspicion the base genetics in the area are not the best. The bush there is possibly lacking a few essential minerals. It does seem to grow fairly big framed animals though!

Bond007

FNG
I just signed up too and now need to post 10 responses so I can start using the classified section. I’ve always enjoyed these forums

CamoHD

FNG
Welcom to the family this forum is a wealth of information and good people

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk