Introduction/ Thanks

Hello all, I'm Bubba, grew up in Utah hunting whatever I could and as often as I could.
Joined the Army right out of high school and that didn't leave much time for the hobby, then working constantly the first couple of years after I got out was just as bad. Last year I finally had the opportunity to go white tail hunting in southern Illinois and it reminded me how much I missed it so I decided to take it more seriously.
All my googling of gear and where to hunt kept bringing me back to this forum so I signed up and read everything I saw which influenced a large number of my choices. It turned out to be a very successful year.
Long story short, I drew deer tags in Montana and Utah, bought one for Illinois again, and managed to fill all 3 (two of them with good, mature deer). Hope to make it back out west next year to chase elk (and/ or deer again if that's what I draw) and have at least one friend convinced to try an Alaskan adventure in the next couple of years.

Thanks to all for the info and I'll try to post when I have something worth saying.

Bubba

(small muley is Montana, big one Utah, whitetail is southern Illinois)

Attachments

• Illinois deer.JPG
    Illinois deer.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 9
  • montana deer.jpg
    montana deer.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 9
  • utah deer.jpg
    utah deer.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 9

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome aboard Bubba and congrats on a great season!! Definitely looks like you made up for some lost time! Also, thanks for your service!! 🇺🇲