Iowa Newbie

Hello, I am posting for the first time on this forum, but I have spent a lot of time on here reading everyone else's great stories and advice. I am from Iowa, where I passionately pursue whitetail, turkey and waterfowl. I have spent a lot of time on here recently as I have developed an addiction to the idea of doing western hunt for mule deer. As soon as I got the go ahead from the wife, I have been consumed by the thought. I have spent hours every single day researching, reading articles, listening to podcasts, and going over posts online to help me have the best experience possible. This site is by far the most informative and best run out there and I look forward to continue spending time here learning and hopefully sharing my experiences with everyone.

NickID

FNG
Welcome, I’m an Iowa native transplanted in Idaho. As you have found, there are a lot of good resources available on the site. Good luck planning your first hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Welcome, I’m an Iowa native transplanted in Idaho. As you have found, there are a lot of good resources available on the site. Good luck planning your first hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and yes I love the IDFG page. We are mainly focused on coming to Idaho this fall. Looks like beautiful country and lots of areas to choose from.

OP
M
Wyoming or Colorado. I've got no points so trying to find units I can draw this year. HBU?
So far I am most comfortable going to Idaho after my research and talking with the guy that will be coming with me. We are not set for sure though.