Iowa

bwlacy

WKR
Well our applications are in. Zone 3 here we come, we should draw no problem. Hunted zone 5 three times with an outfitter. Now we are going to try zone 3 on our own. I can't wait for November!

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
It was a toss up between 3 and 9. We did a fair amount of scouting last spring in 9. Then a friend of ours hunted 3 last fall and has some good info for us to start with. So we decided on 3 and have a cabin rented. Is there a bad spot in Iowa? :)

Guff

FNG
Not trying to hijack this thread but can you guys give me any info on the Loess Hills Area in the western part of the state? I just have one point but trying to plan now for when my time comes in a few years. Have a couple other areas that I am looking at as well but the LHA intrigues me for some reason. PM me if you would like. Thanks.

IsThisHeaven

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Des Moines and I have hunted and/or scouted a lot of public land in south central Iowa (NR zone 4 and 5). Feel free to send me a PM if I can help out.

Matt

Zim

FNG
Drew zone 5 with 3 points, but had 2 buddies fail for the same. Glad I squeezed in 6 days of scouting new properties last March.

I've been hunting zone 5 public for 20 years but I think I'll be going elsewhere next time. It's getting too much pub and too high a perceived value.

Ebby

WKR
I drew Zone 5 archery as well. Got some good info on a farm from a buddy and I'll be hunting there. I'm open to any suggestions as well. Thanks and good luck to everybody that is hunting Iowa this year!

Lee

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice! I got my 3rd point this year....will likely get my 4th next year and then put in for 2019. Need to decide on which Zone

Had 3 going into this year for zone 5 but did not draw. Looks like it will take 4 for from here on out. And then 5... and then