iPhone 13 Pro Digiscope Set Up

tak

WKR
Finally upgraded my old iPhone 8, so I need a new digscoping set up. I've been using phone skope in the past, but I also don't miss shelling out for the Novagrade - especially since I need a new bino adaptor and possibly may get a new spotter in the next year.

My question has to do with the 3 lenses. I saw something about an issue with the camera jumping between the lenses making it difficult to keep the image. Of course now I can't find the thread or where I read that.

Is there a setting to prevent this on the phone? And is one of the above adaptors better for this.

I like the fact I can use any heavy duty case with the novagrade (these phones ain't cheap!) but the new phone skope case also looks like a great improvement.

Thanks for any advice.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
I'm doing exactly the same thing upgrading from the 8, i'm also wondering how the lenses are gonna work I already ordered the PhoneSkope case as I already have the adapters so will know soon. The new case looks great as it can be used as an everyday case, wish I checked since I already bought an Otter already and they didn't have the option for that case like the older models. Will follow this thread.

OP
tak

tak

WKR
I'm doing exactly the same thing upgrading from the 8, i'm also wondering how the lenses are gonna work I already ordered the PhoneSkope case as I already have the adapters so will know soon. The new case looks great as it can be used as an everyday case, wish I checked since I already bought an Otter already and they didn't have the option for that case like the older models. Will follow this thread.

Exact same scenario, bought a new case, and didn't realize phone scope's new case doesn't have to have the lens portion on it all the time.

Strongly considering the novagrade for a one and done solution. I would like to use it on binos and spotter, and it seems you can adjust the ocular attachment pretty quick.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Is it worth the upgrade from a 12 to 13 for any enhanced photo quality or features?
Like tak mentioned, don’t think there would be much difference from 12-13 but not sure. My wife got the 13 while I still had my 8 and we put photos side by side and the difference between those is big, low light stuff is amazing for a freakin phone lol. Curious too see how it does through my spotter which is non-hd, wasn’t very happy with the 8, but wondering how much of a difference HD vs non HD makes or if that phone just sucked, will find out soon.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Received my new case a while ago, i'm keeping the Otter for daily use. The Phoneskope case goes around the sides but doesn't protect the buttons and just doesn't seem to offer as much protection. Figure ill just switch to the Phoneskope when I go hunting, still nice to not have the adapter on the case when putting it in a pocket or something.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
When you are ready to ditch the disposable one and and upgrade to a Novagrade use the following link (discount code: "OneAndDone") to get a $20 off discount on our Double Gripper:
+1 on this. I’m getting better at using it/fine tuning it as time goes by, too.

That’s a great photo.
Thanks, he knew we only had a doe tag and laid there for a while watching other herds in the distance. He eventually left to chase another buck off a herd. For whatever reason he left the herd after chasing off the buck and laid in the spot again. Pretty cool to watch and record.

OP
tak

tak

WKR
When you are ready to ditch the disposable one and and upgrade to a Novagrade use the following link (discount code: "OneAndDone") to get a $20 off discount on our Double Gripper:
View attachment 368060redirect=%2Fproducts%2Fphone-adapter-double-gripper

Thanks! I ended up grabbing one at the Dallas Safari Club show.

View attachment 372070

This is with the iPhone 12 and nova grade at 350 yards through a spotter. I like the versatility of the nova grade and dialing it in for each of the 3 cameras doesn’t take long. If your not going below 1x or above 2x it will not flip to the other lenses.

Nice!!
Currently I've only had it work on the lowest camera (the one closest to the center of the phone) - this must be the one between 1x and 2x. It works okay, but that does make the lens holder and the grippers somewhat close together. I probbaly just need to play with it more, but are there any tricks to the 3 lenses. Are you mostly using the 1x lens?

Thanks! I ended up grabbing one at the Dallas Safari Club show.

Nice!!
Currently I've only had it work on the lowest camera (the one closest to the center of the phone) - this must be the one between 1x and 2x. It works okay, but that does make the lens holder and the grippers somewhat close together. I probbaly just need to play with it more, but are there any tricks to the 3 lenses. Are you mostly using the 1x lens?
It just takes some time to mess with them. Covering each lens with a finger or tape and then scroll through the zoom 0.5x -10x for photo and 0.5x-6x for video and you can see what lens or lenses are used for each setting range. The 13mm, 26mm, and 52mm should show up on display too when doing that. Using the video function is easier to work with when using the nova grade vs photo function for me.

OP
tak

tak

WKR
It just takes some time to mess with them. Covering each lens with a finger or tape and then scroll through the zoom 0.5x -10x for photo and 0.5x-6x for video and you can see what lens or lenses are used for each setting range. The 13mm, 26mm, and 52mm should show up on display too when doing that. Using the video function is easier to work with when using the nova grade vs photo function for me.

thanks!!
so which lens do you leave yours set up on? It seems cumbersome to adjust it between lenses, but maybe I just need to use it more.