iPhone 13 Pro Digiscope Set Up

thanks!!
so which lens do you leave yours set up on? It seems cumbersome to adjust it between lenses, but maybe I just need to use it more.
I set up the nova grade for the default camera magnification of 1x. If I needed to use the phone magnification range I would adjust to it.

Reactions: tak

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I love the idea of the Novagrade but in use have found it to be cumbersome to setup and have not gotten very good picture quality with Xs Max.

The PhoneSkope app helps with the camera switching lenses.

I have all the adapters but find it fits my BushnellTactical 15-45 spotting scope better than my NL Pure binos.

I unfortunately find it faster and easier to just hold the phone to the eyepiece as I have been doing that for years on a microscope. Any tips on order of operations of getting it setup better?

I love the idea of the Novagrade but in use have found it to be cumbersome to setup and have not gotten very good picture quality with Xs Max.

The PhoneSkope app helps with the camera switching lenses.

I have all the adapters but find it fits my BushnellTactical 15-45 spotting scope better than my NL Pure binos.

I unfortunately find it faster and easier to just hold the phone to the eyepiece as I have been doing that for years on a microscope. Any tips on order of operations of getting it setup better?
Minor eyecup adjustments make a big difference. Tightening the ring and making sure it’s set flat is key as well. If I have a case on my phone I have to adjust everything differently vs a phone without a case. At times I do agree it’s easier to throw a phone on bino’s for a time sensitive picture, but with ample time using the adapter on a spotter especially at higher magnification.

Are you getting blurry images or focusing issues?

Finally upgraded my old iPhone 8, so I need a new digscoping set up. I've been using phone skope in the past, but I also don't miss shelling out for the Novagrade - especially since I need a new bino adaptor and possibly may get a new spotter in the next year.

My question has to do with the 3 lenses. I saw something about an issue with the camera jumping between the lenses making it difficult to keep the image. Of course now I can't find the thread or where I read that.

Is there a setting to prevent this on the phone? And is one of the above adaptors better for this.

I like the fact I can use any heavy duty case with the novagrade (these phones ain't cheap!) but the new phone skope case also looks

Finally upgraded my old iPhone 8, so I need a new digscoping set up. I've been using phone skope in the past, but I also don't miss shelling out for the Novagrade - especially since I need a new bino adaptor and possibly may get a new spotter in the next year.

My question has to do with the 3 lenses. I saw something about an issue with the camera jumping between the lenses making it difficult to keep the image. Of course now I can't find the thread or where I read that.

Is there a setting to prevent this on the phone? And is one of the above adaptors better for this.

I like the fact I can use any heavy duty case with the novagrade (these phones ain't cheap!) but the new phone skope case also looks like a great improvement.

Thanks for any advice.
I really like the phoneskope over the other brand

Does the nova grade get better quality? I can’t get my iPhone 13 pro to switch to the correct camera without using the phone scope app which kills quality.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
What ended up being best? I have an iPhone 13 pro max and want to get the “best” digiscoping adapter. Best quality of photos while also having the best ease of use

doug@novagrade

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Our Novagrade Double Gripper is machined out of 6061-T6 Aluminum, glass beaded then black anodized. It has a 360 degree compression ring that securely grabs any of your bino or spotter eyepieces. Since we use stainless steel springs to grab the outside of your phone you can use any case with it. When you get a new phone it just takes a second or two to readjust (or if you run out of battery and want to flip it to your buddy). We design and make them in Oregon so you always have local support.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Our Novagrade Double Gripper is machined out of 6061-T6 Aluminum, glass beaded then black anodized. It has a 360 degree compression ring that securely grabs any of your bino or spotter eyepieces. Since we use stainless steel springs to grab the outside of your phone you can use any case with it. When you get a new phone it just takes a second or two to readjust (or if you run out of battery and want to flip it to your buddy). We design and make them in Oregon so you always have local support.
Are there any discounts being offered at the moment?

doug@novagrade

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We are doing a one week $10 off coupon for Double Grippers, use "OneAndDone" when you check out:

chadlove

FNG
I have had mixed results with some of the old school universal phone holders, are the newer ones way better?

I put my novigrade in the top of my pack and 2 of the nobs that tighten down the grippers broke. I'm sure it's great but it didn't survive the pack in.