Iq define pro and garmin Xero A1i max range

Wodez

FNG
Hey Archers

I’m interested in getting an iq define pro or the garmin a1i.
I’m hoping some of you could tell me what range the pins stretch out to if you start at 20 yards. Obviously depends on Your bow poundage, IBO, draw length and arrow weight. but I want to see if I can practice out to 90yards with my set up.

Also I read that the garmin turns into a multi pin sight when batteries are low. Does that mean it doesn’t “range find” when batteries are low. And obviously when batteries go flat you have no pins at all.
can it be set up to be a multi pin instead of the 1 pin slider? How many pins?
Cheers

If you are shooting a really fast arrow the A1i may make 100 yards. On a setup going 275fps 70 is about it before it bottoms out. Thats the drawback to the sight.

If the battery is going out it will not rangefind but the pins will come on. I have had the same batteries for 2 years now with no problems and it doesnt take long to change them anyhow. If you change them every year before the season its a non issue or just change them when you do a software update. Its really a non issue.

When working with the rangefinder it only will give you one dot. As far as the multi pins it will set them, as many as you want, at whatever ranges you picked during setup. Its a little different than a typical slider in that you can only set pins and rangefind out to whatever the longest distance you calibrated at. It doesnt guess at longer distances like a sight tape or the Burris.

tarnold

FNG
For those who have been using the Xero A1i Pro. Have you had any problems shooting a longer distances (>45yds). I'm shooting a hoyt RX7 ultra, 70# draw, and have gone thru the setup multiple times, including the stack pin setup. I have a chronograph (282ft/sec) and zeroed it at 20yd then per instructions shot at 45yds to get the pin stack. However, all my shoots >45yd are hitting 8-12 inches high! Any thoughts?

OP
W

Wodez

FNG
I believe there are 2 options for setting up the pins. First option is to set 20 yards then plug in your arrow fps. Much quicker but less accurate.
Second option is to shoot at 20, adjust pin electronically, shoot to confirm, then shoot at 30, adjust, etc and confirm each pin as you go.

tarnold

FNG
I believe there are 2 options for setting up the pins. First option is to set 20 yards then plug in your arrow fps. Much quicker but less accurate.
Second option is to shoot at 20, adjust pin electronically, shoot to confirm, then shoot at 30, adjust, etc and confirm each pin as you go.
Thanks! I had used the 20yd & arrow speed, which seems to not have worked as well as I hoped. I was planning on redoing it again this weekend, but after the 20y set moving out to 50-55yd rather than the 40 I had done previously. I may just go thru the individual pin set up like you suggested. Definitely liked the quicker set up if it had worked better.