Iridium 9575 Extreme

Craig4791

WKR
Anybody have this SAT phone?

Looks like one of the best from my limited research.

Looking to get the WiFi box too. Anyone tried the WiFi and using a cell phone with it to access Internet?

Also what kind of plans do you guys have? I didn't see many SMS packages. Which I think I would use the most.

Almost just seems like not getting a package and just paying as you use may be a better deal unless your using it a bunch.

This site has the package deal for $1460

http://www.satphonecity.com/product...package.html?gclid=CP3Lqq_f2rQCFSPhQgod5ysAGg

Got it. It's been in my pack on three backpack elk hunting trips and a couple fishing and scouting trips.

Good phone. I use it to text daily coordinates to my wife. She sends text messages to me through the free Iridium web site, which are downloaded every time I turn the phone on. The phone function works just fine too although I prefer quick text messages. I have the emergency button set up to send "I'm in trouble" coordinates to my wife in the event I trigger it.

I believe I purchased a 500 minute global plan. SMS messages are included in the plan and billed at something like 30 seconds per message. Believe my plan is through satellitephonestore.com.

I have not tried the WiFi box.

My wife loves the fact that I carry the phone, and it gives me a small margin of comfort when I'm way out there.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

swat8888

WKR
I've used the 9555, mostly used text...it was rented and they billed text the same as trekker, bout half the price of placing a min phone call. all incoming texts were free, just have to school the wife up on how to use that.

blb078

WKR
I've used the 9555, mostly used text...it was rented and they billed text the same as trekker, bout half the price of placing a min phone call. all incoming texts were free, just have to school the wife up on how to use that.

How much was it to rent? $1000+ for a phone seems a little steep, when you can buy a SPOT for 99 + 99/yr sub and send a couple texts, can't receive any but at least you can let someone know you're ok every evening.

OP
Craig4791

Craig4791

WKR
To me it's totally worth it for how much time I spend in the wilderness. I know I could get away with just a spot but I can see myself using it a lot.

With the WiFi box u could do a live hunt from pretty much anywhere in the world too which would be pretty awesome.

My dad is always curious as to how my hunts are going too so it would be cool to be able to feed updates to him.