Iron Will Collars

Hunthigh1

WKR
Has anyone tried out these newish Iron will "C25 Impact collars?"

They seem like the a great way to toughen up the end of an arrow shaft. I am considering building them onto a 300 spine easton axis. with a 50 grain brass insert.
I shoot 100 grain QAD exodus heads. It seems that these would be much better than the aluminum ones made by other companies that receive complaints.

https://www.ironwilloutfitters.com/gear/footers

Im also considering using the Easton BAR "Broadhead Adapter Ring" instead. Any opinions on this is appreciated as well.

I’ve been shooting them on 300 spine Axis arrows with 75gr inserts and 125 heads. It’s a heavy arrow. No idea what it’ll do to an animal but flight is basically unchanged and I have a little peace of mind about the end of the shaft holding up over time.

I’ll echo that the fit is very good. I actually had a moment of panic because mine wouldn’t go on. I thought I goofed and ordered the wrong size but I finally realized there was a tiny nugget of glue on the edge of the shaft and the tolerances are so tight on the collar that it fits the shaft and nothing else. Scraped the glue and it slid on like a glove.

Kay9Cop

FNG
Just installed a dozen of these on my Easton Axis 300 Match Grade arrows. I installed the HIT insert one day and then used another batch of two-part epoxy the next day to install the collars. I chose to glue them on instead of just sliding them on for a little piece of mind. They spin true and a give a little bit of a bump in FOC with my heavy arrows. This year I'm going to also be shooting the Iron Will 125 grain vented heads. This is my first time using footers and I found out they aren't easy to remove from a bag target, but make pulling out of a Block target super simple.

Just installed a dozen of these on my Easton Axis 300 Match Grade arrows. I installed the HIT insert one day and then used another batch of two-part epoxy the next day to install the collars. I chose to glue them on instead of just sliding them on for a little piece of mind. They spin true and a give a little bit of a bump in FOC with my heavy arrows. This year I'm going to also be shooting the Iron Will 125 grain vented heads. This is my first time using footers and I found out they aren't easy to remove from a bag target, but make pulling out of a Block target super simple.

Couldn't you just get a 25 grian heavier field tip to practice with a bag target? That is if you didn't epoxy them on.

Kay9Cop

FNG
I could, but most of the time I have hard impacts to my arrows it's when I'm pushing the limits of my range during practice and that's when the collar is of most benefit. I just picked up a larger Block Vault target and all is well again.

Lawnboi

WKR
I just built up some arrows for use with these collars.

They are a tight fit, I’m not glueing mine on. The tolerances are so tight that they take a bit to get them lined up.

Iv only been shooting them indoors till the weather gets better, so I can’t tell you what they will do with abuse. I’m not a plywood shooter but I’m sure I’ll forget to change my yardage and send one into a 2x4 soon.

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Well, I bought six to try out with some 5mm axis 300's they seem very good tolerance and like a smart design, but jeeeeez they aint cheap. I hope they are worth it! Only time will tell.

nphunter

WKR
Well, I bought six to try out with some 5mm axis 300's they seem very good tolerance and like a smart design, but jeeeeez they aint cheap. I hope they are worth it! Only time will tell.

I also bought a half dozen today. Building some 250 RIP TKO’s with 50gr brass HIT, I really hope they are as awesome as they look. They are very expensive after shipping, I’m not gluing mine on so I can reuse them:) might use some hot melt?

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
I also bought a half dozen today. Building some 250 RIP TKO’s with 50gr brass HIT, I really hope they are as awesome as they look. They are very expensive after shipping, I’m not gluing mine on so I can reuse them:) might use some hot melt?

I had not thought about hot melt. Would a guy be able to remove them without damaging the arrow if he used hot melt?

To remove any arrows from bag targets that have an outsert, collar or footer, rotate the shaft as you you pull it back if it hangs up on the fabric. It will usually come out easily...but not with a straight back pull without rotation.

As per hotmelt, I use Bohning Hot Melt to install Firenock Outserts on Easton Injexion shafts. Works very well...put a field point in the outsert so you can hold the outsert in a vise or with pliars while heating the outsert and glue. Spin test the heated outsert to ensure perfect alignment with the shaft...re-heat and turn until alignment is perfect. i typically cool the system down in vertical position. Works very well for me...and I like Injexions...with outserts for regular broadheads and field points. Good luck!