Iron will flight issue

So I am at a wits end with my iron wills. I had some issues with them when I first had them show up. They were loud and flew quite lousy. Impacted 8 inches to the right of where I would aim consistently at 40 yards. Took to doing some cam adjustments with my bowtech deadlock cams, and to get them to fly worth a damn my bow had to be quite clearly out of tune.

Now earlier today I went out and got my paper tune checked, and no biggie I had a slightly high tear which I'm guessing came from strings stretching a bit over time. Well we fixed that had a perfect tear and I went home and was even able to get my bareshafts to shoot with my field tips out to 40, now here is where the funny business begins I decided to try my broadheads out and went through my grim reapers with no issue, muzzy 3 blade 100gr no issues, QAD exodus not a damn problem. And then I screwed the iron wills in again and boom my arrows were loud and impacting to the right again. Why on earth is my bow needing to be out of tune for the iron wills to perform to the standard I'd expect out of the price. My arrows are a good bit overspined but that does not keep me from being able to get other heads to tune and I'm about ready to throw the damn things out.

CoStick

WKR
If muzzy and QAD work on your set up, why worry. Seems you have two quality heads to choose from. I am sure the IW will fly fine for someone else

I was guessing you were going to say that. Collars or inserts or any other differences?

OP
Oregonbred
If muzzy and QAD work on your set up, why worry. Seems you have two quality heads to choose from. I am sure the IW will fly fine for someone else
I was just really looking forward to giving them a shot after dropping the money on them. Is archery similar to shooting where some loads(heads in this case) just don't work well in some setups?

OP
Oregonbred
I was guessing you were going to say that. Collars or inserts or any other differences?
The black eagle rampages have the halfouts (not a huge fan of them) but they spin true and they were consistent in weight.

The solids aren't as forgiving as the other heads.

In my experience if you really have bareshafts flying with fletched at 40 you shouldn't have a problem with any broadhead.

The qad Exodus is a a forgiving head in swept, in full configuration, not so much.

You say your bow was quite clearly out of tune, but the other heads still flew well? Or the other heads shifted?

Tuning has layers of forgiveness, especially with broadheads, many are more forgiving than others. However, I have never seen a situation where you actually take a bow out of tune to get heads to fly. If you are getting bareshafts to fly, that should be a good indication, but maybe you aren't all there.

If you have bareshafts off, but broadheads with field points, that's new on me. Not impossible at all I guess, I haven't seen it,

The muzzy is what really gets me. I had trouble getting any consistency head to head from them, but that's a number of years ago.

OP
Oregonbred
The solids aren't as forgiving as the other heads.

In my experience if you really have bareshafts flying with fletched at 40 you shouldn't have a problem with any broadhead.

The qad Exodus is a a forgiving head in swept, in full configuration, not so much.

You say your bow was quite clearly out of tune, but the other heads still flew well? Or the other heads shifted?

Tuning has layers of forgiveness, especially with broadheads, many are more forgiving than others. However, I have never seen a situation where you actually take a bow out of tune to get heads to fly. If you are getting bareshafts to fly, that should be a good indication, but maybe you aren't all there.

If you have bareshafts off, but broadheads with field points, that's new on me. Not impossible at all I guess, I haven't seen it,

The muzzy is what really gets me. I had trouble getting any consistency head to head from them, but that's a number of years ago.
This is why I am at wits end at this point. Everything tells me these should work, absolutely everything, I've done everything exactly how I should've to get my bow to a point where I should have zero issues with most heads which I don't but it is really frustrating that these are the ones I am having problems with.
So I had my bow tuned up at the shop and I did my finishing touches at home to get it shooting as close to perfect as possible. I tested my expandables with no issues, and some of my fixed heads that i have with no problems. Until i had to try out my iron wills shot 8 inches to the right and an elk in the next state could damn near hear the flight. I shouldn't have tried to tune to them but i was stubborn and wanted to get to the bottom of the issue so i tried some slight rest adjustments with not much effect so at that point i messed with my cams to get my left-right good.(I have since returned it back to perfect tune after my issues today)

The funny thing is getting my IWs to fly well made everything else shoot like crap so my guess is that A. I either got a bad batch but I doubt that because they spin well and look fine otherwise
Or B. I am having a bad dream and none of this is real 😆
All of my other fixed blades shoot well so I am stumped.
Might stick with the lower end stuff and sell em to someone for a steal to replace them with new heads for the season
It's all a bummer to me because I was looking forward to using them because I heard they weren't that bad to tune and were absolute elk killers.

rclouse79

WKR
This thread makes me happy I am shooting sevr 1.5s this year. I have sang the broadhead blues before and it isn’t fun. At least it sounds like you figured it out early and have other options.

This is why I am at wits end at this point. Everything tells me these should work, absolutely everything, I've done everything exactly how I should've to get my bow to a point where I should have zero issues with most heads which I don't but it is really frustrating that these are the ones I am having problems with.
So I had my bow tuned up at the shop and I did my finishing touches at home to get it shooting as close to perfect as possible. I tested my expandables with no issues, and some of my fixed heads that i have with no problems. Until i had to try out my iron wills shot 8 inches to the right and an elk in the next state could damn near hear the flight. I shouldn't have tried to tune to them but i was stubborn and wanted to get to the bottom of the issue so i tried some slight rest adjustments with not much effect so at that point i messed with my cams to get my left-right good.(I have since returned it back to perfect tune after my issues today)

The funny thing is getting my IWs to fly well made everything else shoot like crap so my guess is that A. I either got a bad batch but I doubt that because they spin well and look fine otherwise
Or B. I am having a bad dream and none of this is real 😆
All of my other fixed blades shoot well so I am stumped.
Might stick with the lower end stuff and sell em to someone for a steal to replace them with new heads for the season
It's all a bummer to me because I was looking forward to using them because I heard they weren't that bad to tune and were absolute elk killers.

So I'll buy them...

Are you shooting multiple heads?

I'm assuming you are using the same arrows across all heads, just switching points.

If you broadhead tuned to the IW, and then other heads were off that were previously on, yes there's a definite problem. I have not had that experience, it's not at all impossible tho.

What's your FPS?

Honestly the solids have a little noise, but in my experience aren't bad at all, the vented are a different story.

OP
Oregonbred
This thread makes me happy I am shooting sevr 1.5s this year. I have sang the broadhead blues before and it isn’t fun. At least it sounds like you figured it out early and have other options.
I am thinking of trying sevr out. Any advantages over the grim reaper expandables?

And I'm not trying to come down on you at all.

Thru the years, I been at wits end many times.

Sometimes I figure it out, sometimes I move on.

OP
Oregonbred
So I'll buy them...

Are you shooting multiple heads?

I'm assuming you are using the same arrows across all heads, just switching points.

If you broadhead tuned to the IW, and then other heads were off that were previously on, yes there's a definite problem. I have not had that experience, it's not at all impossible tho.

What's your FPS?

Honestly the solids have a little noise, but in my experience aren't bad at all, the vented are a different story.
I have tried 2 of the 3 with them both showing the same issue.
I have swapped through all of my arrows throughout this process aswell
My arrows are 720 grains coming out at 265 so I doubt that it is a speed issue and it's funny because it seems the BHs are more loud in flight than the bow on the shot. My only other guess is that my arrow weight might need 4 fletch for something like the IW

I have tried 2 of the 3 with them all showing the same issue.
I have swapped through all of my arrows throughout this process aswell
My arrows are 720 grains coming out at 265 so I doubt that it is a speed issue and it's funny because it seems the BHs are more loud in flight than the bow on the shot. My only other guess is that my arrow weight might need 4 fletch for something like the IW

If you are getting Exodus to fly, you should be getting the Itty Bitty S100 to fly.

Now I wonder, just the heck are you getting 720gr to 265 fps?

33" draw or 95#?

In my opinion 4 fletch means you just needed more 3 fletch

OP
Oregonbred
If you are getting Exodus to fly, you should be getting the Itty Bitty S100 to fly.

Now I wonder, just the heck are you getting 720gr to 265 fps?

33" draw or 95#?

In my opinion 4 fletch means you just needed more 3 fletch
82lbs at 31 inches on bowtechs performance mode. Chrono'd in between 262-266 for the low and high

rclouse79

WKR
I am thinking of trying sevr out. Any advantages over the grim reaper expandables?
I am not a mechanical head expert. I just saw a lot of reviews where they were getting a lot of love. They didn’t seem super sharp from the factory, but I got them all shaving sharp with a guide I bought.

OP
Oregonbred
And you are overspinned? 200 spine? 29 inch shaft?
150 32" it was more of a guess that I'm overspined, I kept the shafts full length to avoid even more of a spine issue, i would not go with the same arrow setup again but I went with a spine chart and now I know better