Iron Will Impact Collars

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I do a lot of heavy bone Impact Testing and started making 1" long hardened steel sleeves to protect the end of the arrow. They are similar to a footer, but with a small flange that goes over and protects the end of the shaft and also holds them in place. They are held on by the broadhead or field point and epoxy can be used to further increase strength. We currently make six sizes for .204 (5mm) and .165 (4mm) shafts to be used with Easton HIT inserts. We slowly bore the inside diameter in the hardened state on a Swiss CNC machine in the US for unmatched precision, making them more expensive than aluminum footers, but they are also many times stronger. The compatibility chart shows our recommended sizes for many arrows or you can choose the one with an inner diameter slightly larger than your arrow outer diameter. I'm not sure how many traditional archers use these arrow sizes, but we will consider other sizes if there is a need.

impact collar1.jpg

GregB

WKR
I was looking at a .204 shaft with these sleeves for a new bow. The problem is I'm going to be bare shafting 3 different arrows in different spines to figure out what will work best, so I would need 2 or 3 different sizes of sleeves and it's too pricey to order a half dozen of each. do you think it would be possible to do a test kit where we could choose the sizes needed for bare shafting different arrows. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way or if I'm just going down a rabbit hole.

Trial153

WKR
I was looking at a .204 shaft with these sleeves for a new bow. The problem is I'm going to be bare shafting 3 different arrows in different spines to figure out what will work best, so I would need 2 or 3 different sizes of sleeves and it's too pricey to order a half dozen of each. do you think it would be possible to do a test kit where we could choose the sizes needed for bare shafting different arrows. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way or if I'm just going down a rabbit hole.
Why not just use a 25grain heavier PF on your bare shafts. Then when you settle on what shafts your using then order collars?
The weight will he the same and the slightly different placement will be minimal of the effects of the spine.

rwurdeman

FNG
Ordered these collars to fit at the end of my Axis 300 arrows to shoot out of my recurve. Great product. Glued these and my HIT insert at the end and changed the weight of my field point until I was getting the desired flight of my arrow. These collars definitely bring the Axis shaft to another level.

Currently, I am debating between this setup and Day Six arrows for the 2019 season.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Send me an email with the sizes you want and I can arrange to get you a mixed pack ([email protected])
As someone else mentioned, you could just change field point weight to determine the best tune and then change to a head that's 25 grains less and add the collar.

GregB

WKR
Why not just use a 25grain heavier PF on your bare shafts. Then when you settle on what shafts your using then order collars?
The weight will he the same and the slightly different placement will be minimal of the effects of the spine.
Send me an email with the sizes you want and I can arrange to get you a mixed pack ([email protected])
As someone else mentioned, you could just change field point weight to determine the best tune and then change to a head that's 25 grains less and add the collar.

Bill,
Thanks for the response and offer, you will definitely get my business with that kind of customer service. I had thought about using different field points, but having never used footers and being new to traditional archery I wasn't sure how much effect it would have on the spine. If it doesn't make that much difference I'll just use different field points and then order sleeves, and some broad heads.

Trial153

WKR
Bill,
Thanks for the response and offer, you will definitely get my business with that kind of customer service. I had thought about using different field points, but having never used footers and being new to traditional archery I wasn't sure how much effect it would have on the spine. If it doesn't make that much difference I'll just use different field points and then order sleeves, and some broad heads.
That's a great offer from bill to mix and match.
That said I think you splitting hairs. The weight will be close enough to the postion of the footer that it wont matter.
Then you can just buy a package of the size you need and your not stuck with extras floating around in sizes you cant use.

Btaylor

WKR
They are 25 grains.

Thanks Bill. Was asking because it looks like that would pair well with the G5 smallgame head in 125. I shoot 150 grain broadheads so pairing the 125 sgh with the collar should make a super stout small game arrow that matches my regular hunting setup.