Iron will impact collars

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
I’m shooting black eagle rampage 300’s. Just ordered some iron will c-25 (.2690 id) any idea what diameter field points I should get?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, 5/16" field points work well. We also sell hardened steel field points on our website that match our Impact Collars.

Just want to make sure I understand. I current have Black Eagle Rampage arrows with their half outsert. I'm thinking about making the jump to Iron Will Broadheads. Will they work with that outsert?

Thanks

Just want to make sure I understand. I current have Black Eagle Rampage arrows with their half outsert. I'm thinking about making the jump to Iron Will Broadheads. Will they work with that outsert?

Thanks
No. That collar is designed to fit the arrow shaft. They use hit inserts that fit inside the shaft.

Get the IW Field Points. They are amazing. Just the difference in the effort to pull them from the target makes them worth it.

Also, they don't deform in any way when shot through a wall a couple times..... I know from experience....

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bobrunner, our broadheads will work fine with that outsert. To use our Impact Collars on Rampage arrows, Billy Goat is correct. You would need to use both our Impact Collar and a HIT insert.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Bobrunner, our broadheads will work fine with that outsert. To use our Impact Collars on Rampage arrows, Billy Goat is correct. You would need to use both our Impact Collar and a HIT insert.

Thanks Bill! And good luck on your Caribou hunt!

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Was just thinking about this today as I ordered more components for a new dozen arrows for the season after breaking two from last season in the last couple days. I am running the same arrow and components that I ran last year and I personally have been super happy with them.

Black Eagle Rampage 300/.001 (29.5")
Onsestringer 4.5" arrow wrap
Easton X nock
AAE Hybrid (four fletch)
Iron Will Impact Collar
Iron Will 100 grain HIT insert
Iron Will 100 grain solid broadhead

These fly perfect and hit hard. I use the Easton hit epoxy for the insert and hot melt for collar. The only things I don't like....the collar gets discolored when heated with a lighter and almost every single time I hit an arrow during practice it cracks. I don't think it is a durability issue with the shafts as they are plenty durable on any misses, I think it is just the weight of the second arrow hitting the nock of the first arrow...cracks it. Gotta only shoot a spot once when under 50.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Use a heat gun set at 350F to install the hot melt and it won't discolor the Impact Collars. You can pick one up at most any hardward store for $20-$40. You are probably putting too much heat into the collar if it is getting discolored and that will change the strength a bit since these are hardened steel.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Then I have to buy a heat gun! More junk in the garage. The discoloring would probably go away if I cleaned them first. It is just the machine oil and carbon from the fire. I don’t even get them that hot really. It was more sarcasm :)

Kevin T

FNG
i know this is an old post but looking to do the same...is the "c" collar loose on the rampage 300? is that why you need to glue it on? also how do you get the glue in the collar...almost think you have to put the glue on the shaft but dont want to heat the carbon obviously

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
i know this is an old post but looking to do the same...is the "c" collar loose on the rampage 300? is that why you need to glue it on? also how do you get the glue in the collar...almost think you have to put the glue on the shaft but dont want to heat the carbon obviously
I'm only novice at building my own arrows but while the collar has pretty tight tolerances, it does slide on the shaft. Your field point or broad head will keep it on but most use glue or hot melt to attached it to the shaft. I heated up the collar and dabbed with hot melt.

nphunter

WKR
Like Bob said, Hot/Cold Melt. I heat up cold melt and wipe some around the tip of my arrow behind the cut, then heat the collar and slide it on and while it's still hot tighten a field tip snugly against it and then dip it in cold water. I don't put it in the collar first because if you do the collar doesn't sit flush against the arrow because hot melt gets in there, it's also a pain to get out of the end of your shaft. They stay on really well and when taking them off you don't need much heat to the collar for them to slide right off.

Kevin T

FNG
Thanks yeah looking at the specs of both the collar and the 300 spine rampage it’s about .005” difference which would leave a gap and seems like compromise the performance unless u fill with glue.