Iron Will K1 Ultralight Knife Review, By Les Welch

KHNC

WKR
How did it go?
So far, i have skinned one antelope, two elk and two deer with it. It will not hold an edge for any time at all. Actually its one of the worst knives i own for holding an edge. However, it resharpens extremely easy with the carbide sharpener. Super light and seems to be durable. I like it, i just had hoped it would stay sharp longer.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I welcome any feedback, positive or negative. I just used this knife to skin, quarter, debone, and cape my mountain goat and it stayed really sharp the whole way through. Scientific testing shows that A2 steel at 60 HRC is one of the best for combined edge holding and toughness, but I'm learning that how long an edge lasts varies a lot by user. Many guys have told me that they easily got through an animial, but it's relatively easy to resharpen so touching up as you go can work well also. Does anyone have feeback on using the top edges to cut hide or the overall feel, shape or size of the knife?

I used it again this past fall. Used it on moose, mountain goat, antelope, and a deer. It performed flawlessly for me on those. Love the weight. The top edge is nice for skinning and saving the main blade