Iron Will Knives

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've added to our knife offerings this year with a specialized skinning knife and G10 CNC machined handle options as requested by Roksliders. Both our k1 and k2 knives are made of A2 tool steel at 60 HRC hardness for great sharpness and edge retention along with excellent toughness for an ultralight knife. I think you will find these to be the lightest full size hunting knives available. Here are the weights:

k1 Ultralight Hunting Knife
Knife 1.0 oz
Knife with paracord wrap 1.3 oz
Knife with G10 Handle 1.7 oz
Kydex Sheath 0.3 oz

k2 Ultralight Skinning Knife
Knife 1.2 oz
Knife with paracord wrap 1.4 oz
Knife with G10 Handle 1.9 oz
Kydex Sheath 0.5 oz

k1
k1_lr.JPG

k2
k2_lr.JPG

UtahJimmy

WKR
Love the k1, Bill! I picked one up late last year and only used it to gut a few animals. Last week I used it to break down my elk; AMAZING edge retention. Super impressed that I was able to do the entire animal without needing a touch-up.

@Bill V - can I buy a set of g10 handles separately? While I love the weight savings of paracord, I don't like the funk that builds up. The removable handles would make cleaning up way more appealing!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Love the k1, Bill! I picked one up late last year and only used it to gut a few animals. Last week I used it to break down my elk; AMAZING edge retention. Super impressed that I was able to do the entire animal without needing a touch-up.

@Bill V - can I buy a set of g10 handles separately? While I love the weight savings of paracord, I don't like the funk that builds up. The removable handles would make cleaning up way more appealing!

x2. I'm also interested in buying the handles separately to put on my K1

Laned

WKR

You should be able to. I did. Fits great, and it's reasonably priced.
b6de9fe253c532f6feee44f845dab822.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

Laned

WKR
Here's the link. It's in the components section.

Thanks Laned.

I'm curious if there have been several gen/models of the K1, and if so, would the G10 handle fit all of them, or just the current model? I got my K1 in spring of 2019.

Laned

WKR
Obviously, Bill would be the expert on that. But, with that said, I have a first generation. So, I would think if it fits mine, it should fit all of them. Hope that helps.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, you can buy the handle kit separately and assemble it to any k1 or k2 knife, same handle for both. Thanks for posting the link, Laned. (We had several prototype iterations on the k1, but have only sold one variation, so the handle will fit any k1 or k2 purchased.) We are considering other colors for future runs. I really like the looks of the two color black/grey but I understand the desire to have it easy to find.

superjo

FNG
We've added to our knife offerings this year with a specialized skinning knife and G10 CNC machined handle options as requested by Roksliders. Both our k1 and k2 knives are made of A2 tool steel at 60 HRC hardness for great sharpness and edge retention along with excellent toughness for an ultralight knife. I think you will find these to be the lightest full size hunting knives available. Here are the weights:

k1 Ultralight Hunting Knife
Knife 1.0 oz
Knife with paracord wrap 1.3 oz
Knife with G10 Handle 1.7 oz
Kydex Sheath 0.3 oz

k2 Ultralight Skinning Knife
Knife 1.2 oz
Knife with paracord wrap 1.4 oz
Knife with G10 Handle 1.9 oz
Kydex Sheath 0.5 oz

k1
View attachment 216000

k2
View attachment 216001
I really love the k1

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I personally really like the top sharpened edge of the k1 for ripping hide. It's like having two knives in one for only 1 ounce. Several people have asked us to make a version without the sharpened top edge and we may add this for next year. I typically use the gutless method, but some guys gut animals with their finger along the back of the blade past the tip. For those of you using the k1, how do you like the sharpened top edge?

UtahJimmy

WKR
For those of you using the k1, how do you like the sharpened top edge?

I think it's great for ripping the hide, but there a few drawbacks.
1. This is not the knife to use when gutting. I'm not gonna put my finger over one of the blades because it's stupid sharp.
2. With the angled/chamfered top blade, you end up making much shorter strokes when cutting the hide. I've never skinned an animal for a shoulder mount, but I'd imagine you would want a relatively straight cut for your taxidermist to be able to nicely stitch it back up? The short strokes end up in some jagged edges to the hide.

I do love having the extra blade surface for tendon and bone separation. Makes so I can keep the drop point blade fresh for skinning/trimming. With the edge retention though, pretty sure you could do the entire animal (slitting hide, skinning, quartering, deboning) all with the single curved blade?

I'll try this next elk I break down in the field and report back.