Iron Will Outfitters broadheads

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an Ontario bear, Wyoming bull elk, and Kansas buck with the same head this year. They are ridiculously tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
What kind of flight are most of you guys getting on these? Really impressed with them, but at $200 for a six-pack I really want to make sure they fly good first.

Really good flight. I tested these awhile back. I did everything I could not to like this head. I didn’t want to switch. After testing I couldn’t afford not to switch.

Really good flight. I tested these awhile back. I did everything I could not to like this head. I didn’t want to switch. After testing I couldn’t afford not to switch.

I must have gotten a bad bunch of heads that spun true but somehow wouldn't fly great. Les are you shooting the 100 vented or 125 solid. There are enough on this thread and others saying these really shoot but they clearly did not for me and my setup. There has to be a difference in setups.

Did you notice any additional noise if shooting the vented? I know for a fact even an unaware whitetail would jump if I shot the heads I had at it.

Btaylor

WKR
One of my hunting buddies got a 3 pack and they did not spin true when he got them but they would consistently hold groups in a softball at 80 yards without spinning true. We couldnt come up with an explanation for that at all. He did take them apart and re-assemble to get them to spin true. I will say every other aspect of his setup is tuned as well as it possibly can be. Impressive heads for sure.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I must have gotten a bad bunch of heads that spun true but somehow wouldn't fly great. Les are you shooting the 100 vented or 125 solid. There are enough on this thread and others saying these really shoot but they clearly did not for me and my setup. There has to be a difference in setups.

Did you notice any additional noise if shooting the vented? I know for a fact even an unaware whitetail would jump if I shot the heads I had at it.

I'm not sure if Les is shooting the Vented or Solid but I can tell you that I use both and with the same accuracy.

I set up my RX-1 Ultra with the solids and the RX-1 Turbo with vented. Different weight arrows as the turbo needs a stiffer spine but outcome was the same, fantastic arrow flight out to very "extended" distances.
Vented heads make noise, no getting around that. I have shot numerous WT (lots of spooky does) with the vented and at all different ranges with no more "drop at the shot" than with other heads.
If you are getting poor flight with any compact head that spins true and has good aerodynamics, I would look at how your arrows are spined and you setup's tune. I have found the a week spine is often the problem with poor arrow/bh flight out of what appears to be a tuned bow. An arrow needs to be tuned to your bow.

I see Iron Will has a 100 grain solid blade available for Pre Order. I might order some to try them out and see if flight is improved for me from the 100 grain vented. I know I can't keep ignoring how well they fly for alot of other people who are really good shots but they just did not fly that well for me. I was still hitting my targets but on a Matrix target I would be outside the larger white dot but still inside the individual module instead of inside the white dot like any other of my fixed heads. I could be anywhere around the aim point so it wasn't like they just needed a little tuning adjustment compared to the others either. 60 yards and I regularly stack multiple ATAC or Shuttle T's inside the larger white dot if I feel like shooting more than one fixed head.

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
What is the advantage of using a vented head over the solid heads. Seems like the only real complaint anyone has with these heads is cured going with the solid head.

MTSabo

WKR
I shot a couple whitetail with the 100 gr vented this year. One came in super spooked (at 35 yrds) and didn't jump my arrow. I did notice a noise reduction as I tuned up my bow to them. Still didn't go away though.

Really interested in trying the solid 100 grains this year how was the blood trails with these not real worried as I’ve shot small compact foxes heads for years just curious