Iron Will Outfitters broadheads

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys~

First off, these guys are a Rokslide sponsor, and you can check out their info here Iron Will Outfitters - High Quality Broadheads for Bow Hunting

I'm curious how many people here are shooting these broadheads? They are a relatively new company to the scene. Sales only started back in August 2016, so a very young company.

I've been shooting and testing these heads since early this year. If you have been following our New Year New Season thread http://www.rokslide.com/forums/elk/59471-season.html you have saw my posts about them.

If you have them, have shot them, have questions about them, comments about them, or anything regarding them please post it up here. Looking for any feedback. As with any company getting feedback can help illicit changes and reaffirm that things are going the right direction.

I have a current article coming on them, and they have some pretty exciting new things in the works. I'm kind of an archery geek, so I get excited about new products that can change the way we hunt....but I'm old enough to know that when I find something really good to stick with it. Everything I've learned about these heads and more importantly the company itself has made it very easy for me to get really comfortable with making a switch and supporting a company that supports Rokslide and the hunting industry.

I'll post up a few pictures of the heads here and there, but hopefully we'll get the article published soon, and get full details out to you on what the team at Iron Will Outfitters is up to.

I'll do my best to answer questions and Eric and Bill will also be able to chime in and help out.

Fire away!

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they make a deep six I'd try them as I like a2 steel.

Edit looks like they make a d6. I'll be buying a pack to give a go

Yes, they are available in 100 and 125 D6, click the drop down and you can see all options.

Lawnboi

WKR
Being a little bit of a knife fanatic, knowing what a2 is capable of with a good heat treat, makes me excited to see what these can do.

Can't argue with thier warranty either.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the order, Lawnboi! We're getting them ready to ship out. I think you'll like what our triple temper heat treatment and cryogenic quench does to the A2!

I'm shooting them this year. I can't find a flaw in the design. I think it may be the perfect head. I shot this pig last week. Complete pas through and crazy good blood trail. Centered his right shoulder and exited where you see in the pic. Broad head looks brand new.

cfc95a410906e83ee4cb0640aea6d75b.jpg

be8ea2393b84689777f85bdc8b9f64fe.jpg

3d64cb133c9f3f91c7716debc9dec254.jpg

af790c3f66da0f5e9583a1211f9d7d97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome! Congrats on the pig. I need to do that one of these years.

Grumman

WKR
I may just be overlooking it on the website, but can you buy replacement bleeder blades and if so what are the cost on those?

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I may just be overlooking it on the website, but can you buy replacement bleeder blades and if so what are the cost on those?

We plan on adding them to the site soon! $24.95 for 3.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I tested a number of steels before settling on A2. With the A2 steel, we are able to get a great combination of high hardness (for extremely sharp edges & edge retention) along with high impact toughness. The heat treat process is key here. As Eric mentioned, we add a cryogenic treatment (to minimize retained austenite) and triple temper to retain the hardness while increasing impact toughness on each draw. The result is a blade that will go through bone undamaged and remain sharp.

I have been testing them and will be doing more test this weekend on the 100, 125 and 150 grain heads. here is what i can tell you so far.
They fly awesome! they seem to be a very forgiving head, even when I don't feel like I made a great shot they still fly great, where other heads seem to make my mistakes worse.
they are very tough! Even after punishing them on bone and a steel plate, I could still shoot them right with my field points. while they might be a little beat up, they still would cut. I am really leaning towards shooting the 150 grain heads this year.

Tsnider

WKR
Going to be ordering after my wedding here in a few weeks. Gotta support a business like this that pops up in little Carbondale.
Not to mention they are some of the coolest looking broadheads out there.

Scottyboy

WKR
to ask the first dumb question, well no dumb question...just dumb people, right? :rolleyes: but if i were to need some broadheads for whitetail do i want the V1xx or the V1xx deep six? thanks!

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
to ask the first dumb question, well no dumb question...just dumb people, right? :rolleyes: but if i were to need some broadheads for whitetail do i want the V1xx or the V1xx deep six? thanks!

The broadhead design is identical except for the locating diameter going into the shaft and the threads. I've taken my last four whitetails with the standard v100, but the Deep Six should work great also. It just depends on what arrows you want to shoot.

Scottyboy

WKR
The broadhead design is identical except for the locating diameter going into the shaft and the threads. I've taken my last four whitetails with the standard v100, but the Deep Six should work great also. It just depends on what arrows you want to shoot.

I shoot easton bowfire 330's.