Iron Will Outfitters Single Bevel Broadhead Review ***Updated 2/24/21***

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I was fortunate enough to be invited to test the new single bevel heads from Iron Will this month and am in the process of putting together the review now.
What I saw was not what I expected and I am excited to share it.
If you have questions about the head, throw them up and if I can't answer it, I am sure @Bill V will jump in and help.

***Update*** Read my review here.

e79ba76aa1843b7ed7581bdb93fbcb41.jpg

dd8b6a7dcb281f71b41f1070cce02e78.jpg

304900c8473665d7c3fd563485f6ef68.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
do the bleeders slow down or affect the twisting effectiveness or momentum?? Or just create more damage . Im a single bevel fan , they twist one hell of a hole ! I shot the kudus with bleeders and they made a nice big hole , easy to follow blood trail. about 4 feet from the shot , all the way til it died .

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Would you recommend this head for whitetail hunting if the longest shot will be 60 yards and below?
Yes, from what I witnessed, it would be a great choice. That is not to say that they don't fly well beyond 60. I have not seen any difference in long range accuracy from my S125.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Wont be long now, the article is just waiting on some amazing slo-mo videos to be be uploaded to youtube. These vids show the SB125 continuing to spin through a mature buck! Bill and I got to work with some talented videographers and photographers on this test.

I shot the Ironwill v125s last year and it was the best shooting broadhead I’ve ever used. It made for an incredible blood trail and short track job on my elk. Curious if there is any reason to switch from the OG ironwill to single bevel..? Planning on buying a few more this year so not sure if I should give those a try or just buy more of the same.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Thanks yeah just went to the website and read about it. Did you all make videos comparing the double bevel to the new single bevel pass thru rotation? Or just shows the single bevel?
We shot the Sb125 and the new Wide Solid through bone with the camera. We got two kills with the SB125 on video as well, one with a super high speed Phantom Camera that shows the vanes of the arrow continuing to rotate through the deer.
The article will be up soon. I have a rough cut of the videos I'll link in article but keep an eye on the Iron Will Outfitters YouTube page for the HD version, the footage is amazing.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I shot the Ironwill v125s last year and it was the best shooting broadhead I’ve ever used. It made for an incredible blood trail and short track job on my elk. Curious if there is any reason to switch from the OG ironwill to single bevel..? Planning on buying a few more this year so not sure if I should give those a try or just buy more of the same.
After what I saw, I will be using them.