Iron Will Outfitters Single Bevel Broadhead Review ***Updated 2/24/21***

Creates rotation as it passes through.
Did you find a noticeable difference in penetration? I would think you'd lose energy via the rotation thus get less penetration (though maybe the energy loss is negligible).

Also, I assume these would fly the same as the normal iron will's correct? So they could be used interchangeably if you already had some of the double bevels?

Last edited:
OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Did you find a noticeable difference in penetration? I would think you'd lose energy via the rotation thus get less penetration (though maybe the energy loss is negligible).

Also, I assume these would fly the same as the normal iron will's correct? So they could be used interchangeably if you already had some of the double bevels?
Every doe we shot was a pass through so it's hard to say. Bill set up another person in camp that was there trying to kill a buck with the SB125 and his shot was a pass through as well. You will see that shot on video when the review is published.

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Every doe we shot was a pass through so it's hard to say. Bill set up another person in camp that was there trying to kill a buck with the SB125 and his shot was a pass through as well. You will see that shot on video when the review is published.
Can you advise if you were using the bleeder or buff blades?

PHo

WKR
Sooooooo.....is there an update on when the review and videos will be posted? This is killing me...

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes, I’m very interested to see the big bone penetration videos of the 4 blade single bevel.

MiPublic

FNG
We shot the Sb125 and the new Wide Solid through bone with the camera. We got two kills with the SB125 on video as well, one with a super high speed Phantom Camera that shows the vanes of the arrow continuing to rotate through the deer.
The article will be up soon. I have a rough cut of the videos I'll link in article but keep an eye on the Iron Will Outfitters YouTube page for the HD version, the footage is amazing.
I cannot wait to see that video. I'm looking to move from 385 TAW to somewhere in the 490-550 range this year and have my eye on the these. Good to see them put through the paces.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Sooooooo.....is there an update on when the review and videos will be posted? This is killing me...

Yes, I’m very interested to see the big bone penetration videos of the 4 blade single bevel.

I cannot wait to see that video. I'm looking to move from 385 TAW to somewhere in the 490-550 range this year and have my eye on the these. Good to see them put through the paces.
I turned in my write up a couple weeks ago and included the videos but the vids are now being edited by a professional to clean them up. The camera used to film all of this was a $80k Phantom high speed, the files are enormous and having the guys at Land, Ltd. edit them will be much better.
Should be up soon...

What was the farthest you shot them? I’m thinking about getting some to take to S Africa with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
What was the farthest you shot them? I’m thinking about getting some to take to S Africa with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have shot them to 80 and they group with my S125 heads. My range has over 36" of snow right now so that's about all I will be getting until things start to thaw.

Very cool.

How was flight noise on these? Trying to build a quiet arrow to hunt with this year. I can imagine the bleeders being a little noisy but love the looks of the “buff” version