Iron Will Outfitters Single Bevel Broadhead Review ***Updated 2/24/21***

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bill just texted me these pics, he shot another whitetail with the SB125. Another square/rectangular hole and what looks like a broken leg bone.
cb52b19ac0618aba0960960da2a59622.jpg

ec3cecb6577cf4f7e86b507684dc6d8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The deer was standing perfectly broadside and I aimed for the top of the heart, but the deer ducked and turned into the arrow at the shot. Our new single bevel with bleeder created a square hole on entrance and broke the shoulder bone in two right by the knuckle, The double lung shot passed through the deer 10 yards and stuck about a foot into the soft dirt. Seemed like a worst case scenario with the shoulders moving at impact and a direct hit on a heavy bone. I think a lot of broadheads would have failed in this situation but this resulted in a quick kill.

OverlandOnTheFly

Lil-Rokslider
Just doing some bare shaft tuning on my bow right now to see what weight up front flies best with it. I will be buying six with bleeders once I figure out which weight flies best. So awesome to have a gamut of choices in weight!

DRUSS

WKR
Has anyone else had rust problems?
I live and hunt the Oregon coast range and oiled these 3-4 times through the season and still got rust and stains? These things shoot great and tuned well for my setup. Just a little frustrating about quality broadhead that I thought I was putting enough effort into keeping in good shape.

Has anyone else had rust problems?
I live and hunt the Oregon coast range and oiled these 3-4 times through the season and still got rust and stains? These things shoot great and tuned well for my setup. Just a little frustrating about quality broadhead that I thought I was putting enough effort into keeping in good shape.

A2 is 5% chromium. It is not rust proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Probably just not a good choice for the coast range then. I thought I'd I kept them oiled it would be covered.
We get very few rust complaints, but Oregon coast seems to be particularly hard on steels. Most guys can just dry them off at night after after hunting in the rain and be fine. I recommend reapplying mineral oil after a rainy hunt and we make a dispensing pen for easy application. As mentioned, our A2 Tool steel has 5% chromium, so a decent amount of corrosion resistance but less than stainless steel. In a rain forest type area, a thicker coating of Blade Guard Paste, Jag Wax, or Renaissance Wax on the blades is probably a good idea. I've had customers swear by all three and I've tried them, just haven't personally seen the need anywhere I've hunted.

DRUSS

WKR
We get very few rust complaints, but Oregon coast seems to be particularly hard on steels. Most guys can just dry them off at night after after hunting in the rain and be fine. I recommend reapplying mineral oil after a rainy hunt and we make a dispensing pen for easy application. As mentioned, our A2 Tool steel has 5% chromium, so a decent amount of corrosion resistance but less than stainless steel. In a rain forest type area, a thicker coating of Blade Guard Paste, Jag Wax, or Renaissance Wax on the blades is probably a good idea. I've had customers swear by all three and I've tried them, just haven't personally seen the need anywhere I've hunted.
Thanks, I have the dispensing pen. That's what I have been using. I may try these other options. To me it just seems like a bit more maintenance than I expected of a outdoors product, probably more frustrating that a local Archery shop recommended them for use here on the coast.

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, archery gets expensive quickly. It’s cheaper to get on target with a rifle... but it’s piss my neighbors off more!

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I have the dispensing pen. That's what I have been using. I may try these other options. To me it just seems like a bit more maintenance than I expected of a outdoors product, probably more frustrating that a local Archery shop recommended them for use here on the coast.

I can see your frustration, but I tend to think that the metallurgy of A2 makes it worth the trade off.

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider

Bill V any chance you release 100 grain single bevels for guys like me with a short DL who shoot a fast 430 grain TAW arrow?​

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Bill V any chance you release 100 grain single bevels for guys like me with a short DL who shoot a fast 430 grain TAW arrow?​

I'm considering a 100 grain version for next year. By the way, we just restocked and the Single Bevel 125s are available now on our website.

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
I'm considering a 100 grain version for next year. By the way, we just restocked and the Single Bevel 125s are available now on our website.
Thanks - Will definitely pick up some 100G single bevels if you release them...and if you need a tester, I'll be happy to put them to work.