Iron Will releases HIT hardened inserts 25g-100g D6 & std

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
This is something I have been hoping would come to market for years, Bill @ Iron Will made it happen! I have been using a custom made version of this heavy D6 insert nearly 4 years now and I love them. IW worked out a deal with Easton to bring it to market so now everyone can have them.

Iron Will HIT Insert!

They are available in micro deep 6 (.166 I.D.) and standard small diameter (.204 I.D.) in weights from 25, 50, 75 & 100 grains.
Add the new IW Impact collars if you prefer and you get one hell of a tough arrow. Lots more options for the D6 shooters now!

Iron Will Impact Collars

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Looks good, never had any issue with brass ..however I think these might be an improvement in theory

I never had issues with brass either when I shot .204id shafts. There was no brass option for Deep six on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renagde

WKR
Easton Injexion shaft + IW collar + IW insert + IW broadhead = $55 + per arrow! That makes the Easton titanium outsert look like a good deal.

Brendan

WKR
This is what it would take for me to give micro arrows another go...

If I hadn't just bought 2 dozen Axis match grade, with inserts, and about 18 new broadheads...

Wish it was a couple months ago.... But, very cool to see.

renagde

WKR
It's only expensive if you miss ....yikes

Yeah that'll turn you into a real good shooter fast.

Not taking away anything from Iron Will, they seem to be a great company and it's always good to see innovation like this. If I was doing dangerous game or hunt of a lifetime stuff I think spending that on an arrow would be more justifiable.

Yeah that'll turn you into a real good shooter fast.

Not taking away anything from Iron Will, they seem to be a great company and it's always good to see innovation like this. If I was doing dangerous game or hunt of a lifetime stuff I think spending that on an arrow would be more justifiable.
In my experience it does NOT improve shooting and leads to heartburn and cursing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
This is a great, previously I had been playing with a piece of 4mm brass rod behind a standard deep six insert. This will make a lot of people happy. Thanks Bill!

JDoob

FNG
Thanks for the post Tony! Here is a section view of the system with the hardened steel HIT insert and the Impact Collar.

three5x5s

WKR
Good news on the inserts, hopefully Iron Will will make collars for the weaker spine arrows for us light poundage guys. .231-.236 for Injextion 390 & 450s.... .221 for the Black Eagle X-Impact 400s

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I just ordered some to try. I was debating going back to axis shafts since the injexions are a little weaker up front. I also ordered some collars so will see if I stick with 4mm

I think both the Axis and Injexion are great shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

three5x5s

WKR
A little off topic but, I reached out to Iron will asking for smaller OD Collars for the 400-500 spine shafts. They responded stating they were coming just not sure when.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm building some of these up today that will likely be my elk setup, (I'm testing some Deep Six also)
Today's build:
Easton Match Grade Axis 300
Iron Will h25 HIT insert (25 grains hardened steel)
Iron Will c25-B Impact Collar (25 grains hardened steel)
Iron Will s125 broadhead
Total weight = 510 grains
15% FOC
hit system.jpgs125_system.jpg