Iron Will Single Bevel Broadhead

bsnedeker

WKR
100 each? Yeah, I'll be sticking with RMS Cutthroats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
100 for 3
Ahh...ok. The page very much looks like it's 99 for 1. You have to select a size and packaging before it says 3 pack. On their vented heads they say 3 pack right on the top of the page.

At that price I'm very interested.

MT257

WKR
Ahh...ok. The page very much looks like it's 99 for 1. You have to select a size and packaging before it says 3 pack. On their vented heads they say 3 pack right on the top of the page.

At that price I'm very interested.

Agreed. I hope their single bevels are a bit quieter than their normal heads.

OP
Elkoholic87
Would a single bevel broadhead with bleeder blades dramatically impact the intended purpose of what a single bevel is meant to do? I had a friend who shot an elk with a single bevel broadhead with no bleeders and there was absolutely no blood trail on his elk. We ended up finding it, but the coyotes already had their turn at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Would a single bevel broadhead with bleeder blades dramatically impact the intended purpose of what a single bevel is meant to do?
Is the "intended purpose" solely to rotate through the intended target? Because even my regular 3-blade heads when shot into new dense foam......rotate. I can pull them straight out and pull a bunch of foam with them, but if I slowly rotate them the opposite way they pull out much easier while following their entry path.

bsnedeker

WKR
Is the "intended purpose" solely to rotate through the intended target? Because even my regular 3-blade heads when shot into new dense foam......rotate. I can pull them straight out and pull a bunch of foam with them, but if I slowly rotate them the opposite way they pull out much easier while following their entry path.
The idea is that they split bone much more effectively when rotating than a double bevel would.... that's the theory anyway.

The bleeder blades shouldn't affect that in my opinion. I stayed at a holiday Inn express once for the record.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We’ve had a lot of request for single bevels for a couple of years now. I've often said that a double bevel gives you a better combination of sharpness, edge retention and durability. This is inherent in the geometry and I have not changed my mind on this. It took a while to get a single bevel edge geometry that I was willing to stand behind with a lifetime warranty. The rotation of single bevels has been intriguing though. The theory here is that the pressure on one side of the blade creates a rotation which causes an S shaped cut through hide and tissue and pops bones further apart as it passes through. After consulting with Dr. Ashby and other single bevel advocates and testing a range of blade angles, we are launching a design that I believe will open up holes and slice more tissue without reducing penetration. Available for pre-order now and we start shipping in early March.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Traditionally, single bevel heads don't have bleeders and we are offering that option. Personally, I've preferred our 2-blade with 3/4" bleeder over a single bevel for opening up holes and slicing more tissue. Depending on the single bevel design, they can create an S cut which opens up holes better than a 2-blade double bevel with no bleeder, but not quite as well as a 2-blade with 3/4" bleeder in my experience. If you add a bleeder to a single bevel head it will reduce this rotation unless you make a bleeder with a single bevel grind also, which is what we've done. To me this could be the best of both worlds for opening up holes, getting S cuts in two directions as it rotates through. The holes through the hide become more open and circular and more tissue is cut all the way through the animal. I shot a buck a few weeks ago using the single bevel with bleeder and it looked like a faucet was turned on as the buck walked away. I'll post a video of this blood trail sometime. Based on the positive results on both options, we've decided to offer them with and without bleeders [naming conventions is sb125 and sb125buff (no bleeder)].

OP
Elkoholic87
Traditionally, single bevel heads don't have bleeders and we are offering that option. Personally, I've preferred our 2-blade with 3/4" bleeder over a single bevel for opening up holes and slicing more tissue. Depending on the single bevel design, they can create an S cut which opens up holes better than a 2-blade double bevel with no bleeder, but not quite as well as a 2-blade with 3/4" bleeder in my experience. If you add a bleeder to a single bevel head it will reduce this rotation unless you make a bleeder with a single bevel grind also, which is what we've done. To me this could be the best of both worlds for opening up holes, getting S cuts in two directions as it rotates through. The holes through the hide become more open and circular and more tissue is cut all the way through the animal. I shot a buck a few weeks ago using the single bevel with bleeder and it looked like a faucet was turned on as the buck walked away. I'll post a video of this blood trail sometime. Based on the positive results on both options, we've decided to offer them with and without bleeders [naming conventions is sb125 and sb125buff (no bleeder)].

f36b16b09a22dd023749385c4e63ec8d.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I'm sure the single bevel wide is on its way. I want a 2 inch version to compete with the XXL😬

We’ve had a lot of request for single bevels for a couple of years now. I've often said that a double bevel gives you a better combination of sharpness, edge retention and durability. This is inherent in the geometry and I have not changed my mind on this. It took a while to get a single bevel edge geometry that I was willing to stand behind with a lifetime warranty. The rotation of single bevels has been intriguing though. The theory here is that the pressure on one side of the blade creates a rotation which causes an S shaped cut through hide and tissue and pops bones further apart as it passes through. After consulting with Dr. Ashby and other single bevel advocates and testing a range of blade angles, we are launching a design that I believe will open up holes and slice more tissue without reducing penetration. Available for pre-order now and we start shipping in early March.

Great info Bill...quick question, though I know it's somewhat controversial...is there any plan to make a Left bevel?

I personally fletch left to embrace the natural left rotation that my arrows have when leaving my bow...so ideally I'd match the bevel to the natural spin...however most companies making single bevel only make a right bevel.

Not the end of the world for me, and I'd venture a safe guess there will be several replies, voicing their own 0.02cents on why I shouldn't worry about the bevel direction...or even whether fletching Left vs Right matters. That's great if you've had your own experiences with arrow rotation, but that's not what this thread or my question is about.

Any plans or interest in making a Left Bevel IW?

Thanks in advance and love the various size IW's my wife and I already shoot. Great Products!

PHo

WKR
Thanks for the post Bill. So do you recommend the standard IW over the single bevel w/bleeders?

Squirrels

WKR
Great info Bill...quick question, though I know it's somewhat controversial...is there any plan to make a Left bevel?

I personally fletch left to embrace the natural left rotation that my arrows have when leaving my bow...so ideally I'd match the bevel to the natural spin...however most companies making single bevel only make a right bevel.

Not the end of the world for me, and I'd venture a safe guess there will be several replies, voicing their own 0.02cents on why I shouldn't worry about the bevel direction...or even whether fletching Left vs Right matters. That's great if you've had your own experiences with arrow rotation, but that's not what this thread or my question is about.

Any plans or interest in making a Left Bevel IW?

Thanks in advance and love the various size IW's my wife and I already shoot. Great Products!
DITO for me

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Sorry, there are no plans at least for this year to make a left bevel. You will definitely want to have a right fletch to use right single bevels so that the arrow rotation is maintained in the same direction through the animal.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the post Bill. So do you recommend the standard IW over the single bevel w/bleeders?
Tough question. I love our standard heads for outwest big game. I shot my two biggest bulls last year with the s125 at 64 and 82 yards, hitting right where I was aiming and found the arrows 20 yards past them. I think our new single bevel with bleeders would have done the job just as well. To me, one is tried and true and the other is new and different and could be better in some ways. The choice is yours.