Iron will snydercore?s

mattflint

FNG
So Im embarrassed a bit because Im pretty vocal about what I believe to be over priced archery tackle.Starting to think these may be a perfect fit for me though.
I shot .166 for a couple year til I got sick of outserts. With a glue in shank this should make for a really sturdy system.
Question is how long is that shank? Trying to figure out whats going to tune for me and order the right crap.
I got .400 centershots 32.5” with 20 grain insert and 200 grain points tuning awesome. Bullet holes even with plastic vanes off the springy. So Im stuck with 32” shafts for .166 arrows. Being I am on the high end of brace height and centershot on my rest. Im thinking 250 grain wides with the ti collars I should be able to tune as long as that dang shank aint super long.
Also can the bleaders be removed and shot without without making a rattling head? Never shot bleaders before and not sure how I feel about them.

dlee56

WKR
I would try to email Iron Will and get some of these questions answered, Bill has been super helpful for me.

Also they sell a "buff" version without the breeders, but I love the bleeders personally. They saved my ass on a bear I shot a few years ago, made a higher liver hit and I'm pretty sure the only reason I found any blood and found my bear is because of those bleeders.

OP
M

mattflint

FNG
I would try to email Iron Will and get some of these questions answered, Bill has been super helpful for me.

Also they sell a "buff" version without the breeders, but I love the bleeders personally. They saved my ass on a bear I shot a few years ago, made a higher liver hit and I'm pretty sure the only reason I found any blood and found my bear is because of those bleeders.
I got an email out to em.
Hope these suckers are pretty awesome. I could buy another bow for what setting up a dozen arrows cost. O well, I got knives Ive spent as much on and love them.
The buff model is only a screw in. If Im reading correctly if I get the 200 grain wides I can swap to s and sb solid heads on that ferrule.
Found the BE trad micros are 34” so will just build those and trim to tune with the glue in 200 grain points then build out six bh arrows. Should be real close to my current tune with centershots.
Do you go oversized or under with your collars? I can be .006 over or .003 under. .003 gap is big in my work which the .006 would give me.

dlee56

WKR
I got an email out to em.
Hope these suckers are pretty awesome. I could buy another bow for what setting up a dozen arrows cost. O well, I got knives Ive spent as much on and love them.
The buff model is only a screw in. If Im reading correctly if I get the 200 grain wides I can swap to s and sb solid heads on that ferrule.
Found the BE trad micros are 34” so will just build those and trim to tune with the glue in 200 grain points then build out six bh arrows. Should be real close to my current tune with centershots.
Do you go oversized or under with your collars? I can be .006 over or .003 under. .003 gap is big in my work which the .006 would give me.
Agreed man, definitely pricey but Bill is a great dude. I met him at a archery shop in Denver when he was first coming out with his broadheads.
Ya as far as I've experienced the blades and ferrules are interchangeable. I go oversized with the collars, I think that's how his sizing chart works out with most arrows. I'd be curious to see if anyone has seen any durability differences between over or undersized with the dynamic response of the carbon vs the static collar. My 350 BE renegades are 0.267OD and the C collars I use are 0.269ID so they are about perfect with 1 thou all around.

OP
M

mattflint

FNG
Agreed man, definitely pricey but Bill is a great dude. I met him at a archery shop in Denver when he was first coming out with his broadheads.
Ya as far as I've experienced the blades and ferrules are interchangeable. I go oversized with the collars, I think that's how his sizing chart works out with most arrows. I'd be curious to see if anyone has seen any durability differences between over or undersized with the dynamic response of the carbon vs the static collar. My 350 BE renegades are 0.267OD and the C collars I use are 0.269ID so they are about perfect with 1 thou all around.
.001 is perfect. Thats what we use for tooling dies going on shafts.
Ive been brainstorming a bit and think if I go to a deep impact .400 theres a collar with the exact same id as the arrows od. Losing a cutting .5 off my centershots demand 25 more grains per 3 rivers calculator. When done in practice I can still shoot a bullet hole through paper.
Think Ill err on the heavy side and go with 225 grain wides and 25 grain collars. Being Ive got my brace at 9” to tune my current arrows. Should be able to drop brace, or push out rest to get back to a good tune and still be just under 11 gpp.

dlee56

WKR
.001 is perfect. Thats what we use for tooling dies going on shafts.
Ive been brainstorming a bit and think if I go to a deep impact .400 theres a collar with the exact same id as the arrows od. Losing a cutting .5 off my centershots demand 25 more grains per 3 rivers calculator. When done in practice I can still shoot a bullet hole through paper.
Think Ill err on the heavy side and go with 225 grain wides and 25 grain collars. Being Ive got my brace at 9” to tune my current arrows. Should be able to drop brace, or push out rest to get back to a good tune and still be just under 11 gpp.
Sounds like a solid plan man, good luck, post pics when you get them tuned and built.

OP
M

mattflint

FNG
Snysercore shanks are 1.0”to the start of threads. 15 grain inserts are 1.3” for a total of 2.3” if together.