Iron Will Titanium Impact Collars

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Which IW HITs and collars fit a 200 spine Black Eagle X-Impact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CakeEater is correct, thanks. Our best fit for that arrow is going to be our D Impact Collar but you would need to sand off about .001" from the outside of the arrow until you can press it on. Also, the X-Impact has a .165 ID, so you would need to use our Deep Six HIT inserts and shoot Deep Six heads to use our Reinforced HIT System with that arrow. Our Deep Six HITs are made for .166 ID arrows, which is common among other manufacturers, so the HIT is a bit tight in the X-Impact. I was able to press them in easy enough using our steel insertion tool, but others have sanded the HITs slighty.

paxamus

WKR
Thanks Bill! Just trying to find a way to strengthen up the front of the X-Impacts

nphunter

WKR
The 10gr Ti collars sitting next to the 25gr stainless these are great components. After using them it will be really tough for me to switch back to not having a collar after using them the last couple years.

DA7FDD2E-A499-4BCA-BE71-5C0BC2D570F3.jpeg

paxamus

WKR
To those using the collars, are y’all gluing the collars in, or just letting the broadheads or field points hold them on? I’m looking at the Sirius Apollos- I’ve heard good things about them and I like an arrow around 555-560g but want a tougher one than the X-impacts I’m using now

nphunter

WKR
To those using the collars, are y’all gluing the collars in, or just letting the broadheads or field points hold them on? I’m looking at the Sirius Apollos- I’ve heard good things about them and I like an arrow around 555-560g but want a tougher one than the X-impacts I’m using now

I use hot melt, heat it up on the stick and wipe some near the front of the shaft, then I heat up the collar so it melts the hot melt and twist it as I put it on to evenly spread the glue. The. I hold them under running water to cool off quicker. They easily come back off with little heat

There defiantly tough, I hit bolder with one last summer with a 77lb bow and it saved my arrow for sure.