Iron will tune

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Hey gang. Built me some FMJs 340.
#64 bear motive 7...
properly spines with IW inserts
About to sling em in the next few days.
Curious. My arrows are darts and with broad head splitting a Canadian toonie our to 60 yards.
Have any of you us any issues with IW dong anything funky. Arrows all spin tested, bow shooting bullet holes. All good there. Haven’t shot the IW yet but just looking for a little feed back on what to expect from groups.

Thx
Stitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
The 100 grain head flew just as good as good as a standard Slick Trick for me, as long as you have enough vane you should be fine

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks zac :)
AAE hunter 4 fletch man it’s slick !!
Even at 70 yards easy 5 “ group.

So this year I was shooting the same broadheads as last year but with another brand of arrows. Last year I was lights out shooting with great comfort 70 yards and in with my broadheads. Just about everything was identical Using bobbing heat vanes. This year I couldn’t get a group at thirty yards, I panicked and bought some aae max hunters hoping a higher profile would stabilize the broadhead better. Same thing awful groups. All of a sudden I realized I hadn’t put an offset/helical in my vanes this year. I refletched some arrows and was throwing lasers at 70 again.
Summary: a heavier 2 blade up front is going to need a bit of help to stabilize. I wouldn’t doubt a long vane can achieve this, but I didn’t have the clearance with my short brace height to try it. A slight offset or helical will stabilize the arrow immediately out of the bow. That means it’s flying more efficiently, and ultimately that’s what I’m looking for

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Yup I’m quite happy
I’m running at 12% FOC
Right helical bitzenburger
Sure it slows it a wee bit but dam it’s shooting good !!
Thanks guys for your input.
Spring bear ..... be weary lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Gang just an update.
These iron will are DARTS !!
20-80
With the black gold pro.
Max 3” group at 80 yards beside the field points
I’m beyond impressed
It seems like when compared to the QAD there’s just seemingly less wind effect on the head or something
Apples to apples, the iron wills are gold