Iron will VS day six

Caleb7mm

FNG
Both 200gr non vented. Both spin test 100% perfect and fly fantastic! My treesharks fly great as well like always, but they don’t ever spin perfect. The quality of the IW and DS is incredible

Btaylor

WKR
Just got 3 of the Evo X 150 grain and they spin and fly perfect. A buddy is shooting the IW's and his didnt spin perfect when he got them but still shot with fields at 60 yards. He took them apart and reassembled. They then spun perfect and fly awesome. First and only head I have ever seen that didnt spin perfect but flew great and hit with field points at 20 much less 60 yards. When I say fly and hit with field points, I am talking 2" group at 60.

Both exceptionally well built heads.

OP
Caleb7mm

Caleb7mm

FNG
Just got 3 of the Evo X 150 grain and they spin and fly perfect. A buddy is shooting the IW's and his didnt spin perfect when he got them but still shot with fields at 60 yards. He took them apart and reassembled. They then spun perfect and fly awesome. First and only head I have ever seen that didnt spin perfect but flew great and hit with field points at 20 much less 60 yards. When I say fly and hit with field points, I am talking 2" group at 60.

Both exceptionally well built heads.
Damn! 2” at 60 is impressive on its own. I’m looking forward to putting these in some game this year for sure.

OP
Caleb7mm

Caleb7mm

FNG
Yeah he is an exceptionally good archer and that was with his compound.
Sounds like it! I’m trying to get my hunting partner to shoot these fixed blades in his Mathews. He lost a fine 10 point 2 years ago with rage. I have ZERO against mechanicals but I believe a cut on contact has less error if tuned properly. We will see

havent tried IW's yet but i will be hard pressed to give up the DaySix Evo-X's. Spin perfectly, super sharp out of the box, and fly perfectly. Now if I could only get an opportunity to stick an animal with one.

UglyJow

Lil-Rokslider
Snyder is shooting Iron Wills this year and he helped design the DaySix Evo. He's also shooting black eagle arrows. I thought this was weird. Does anyone know if he had a falling out with Bryan?

According to Snyder on kifarucast he was just getting in too deep with one brand and he didn't want to get tied down to just one arrow/broadhead. At least that was my interpretation of the episode he did specifically to address it.

Trial153

WKR
I have both, they both shoot well. I have to look at my notes on the evo, as I think I have about 50 shoots on it so far. The hit ratio is excellent. For that matter so is the IW, I have few hundred shoots on the IW so my sample size is much larger, they are only slightly less forgiving for me tehn Soilds.

We sure are lucky to have so many great options in premium heads at this point.

DEW0341

WKR
Sort of interesting though Aron on a recent podcast with IW lead engineer, was ragging on s30v steel and how it shatters on impact and not good for broadheads........ but he helped design day six heads that use s30v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal three with IW's this season! Probably over kill for a two year old doe but they fly so good!
bde69391b62c7d45320813b44a4275ba.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Am I correct that IW has an unconditional guarantee and D6 has a manufacture defect warranty.
All else equal I’d prefer unconditional.

OP
Caleb7mm

Caleb7mm

FNG
I ran a 200gr day six XL long ways through a doe. Broke a rib going in and was in the dirt. It will still shave hair. How is that even possible? Crazy! I love technology