Iron Will Wide 100 Review, By Les Welch

Trial153

Being a tight ass, does anyone know if Iron Will ever runs a sale? I went in the deep end with SEV-R last year and am looking for a COC head this year.
Havent seen it yet....best you might get is free shipping.
They are a high quality item, worth the cost

njcoleman

What is the noise comparison with these new wides and the original solids? I noticed a significant increase in sound between original sets (vented vs solid) and don’t really know if they’ll be better seeing their engineering is similar.

I wasnt impressed with the one deer i killed with SevR....they went done the road and arent coming back
Why I asked him above ...I heard that often from their users

I like iron will v series never had an issue with them at all for a small cut it does the job very well and always razor sharp ...slick trick also works well though for a fraction of the cost

Attachments

Trial153

Why I asked him above ...I heard that often from their users

I like iron will v series never had an issue with them at all for a small cut it does the job very well and always razor sharp ...slick trick also works well though for a fraction of the cost
Really simple. Terrible penetration on straight foward easy shot, then a really funky looking wound channel and angle that didnt match what should have happened.
Now before I get jumped on by guys that like them I will head it off.
~Yes my bow is tuned. I can tune a bow better then most guys as well.
~Yes i had sufficient arrow weight for penetration. 475 grains
~ Yes I admit my sample size was one, however from results it was one too many.

~ Especially consisiderig that with the same set up, with different broadheads this year i killed...moose, caribou, deer and antelope.

Really simple. Terrible penetration on straight foward easy shot, then a really funky looking wound channel and angle that didnt match what should have happened.
Now before I get jumped on by guys that like them I will head it off.
~Yes my bow is tuned. I can tune a bow better then most guys as well.
~Yes i had sufficient arrow weight for penetration. 475 grains
~ Yes I admit my sample size was one, however from results it was one too many.

~ Especially consisiderig that with the same set up, with different broadheads this year i killed...moose, caribou, deer and antelope.
I’ll Def be sticking with iron will and slick tricks... ya know I don’t like the screws for the blades but the Ramcat Diamond broadheads fly like lasers and do a pretty good hole for the size cut they are rated pretty devastating wounds

Scottyboy

How did it perform on the Muley ? Are you stopping using them after that?
good blood trail, I’m guessing he went around 75-100 yds.

did not get a pass through at 30ish yards, I think it got lodged against the ‘opposite’ front shoulder.

I’ll probably shoot them again for early season whitetails from my stand, my problem with them (and I guess most mechanicals) the bands get very brittle in the cold and break easily ie; bump they a little in your quiver

DRUSS

Has anyone had these for a few seasons yet? I am curious about potential rusting? I live close to the coast and moisture is quite high on most of my hunting seasons. Would a guy need to be oiling or coating these every season or every rainstorm?

Has anyone had these for a few seasons yet? I am curious about potential rusting? I live close to the coast and moisture is quite high on most of my hunting seasons. Would a guy need to be oiling or coating these every season or every rainstorm?
Have been using them for years and they are best heads made... but yes they require a q tip every so often with rem oil just to ensure no pitting or rust. But the accuracy the warranty the quality is second to none. They do damage too

paxamus

What’s y’all’s sharpening method for these IW’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk