Iron Will Wide 100 Review, By Les Welch

Trial153

WKR
Being a tight ass, does anyone know if Iron Will ever runs a sale? I went in the deep end with SEV-R last year and am looking for a COC head this year.
Havent seen it yet....best you might get is free shipping.
They are a high quality item, worth the cost

njcoleman

FNG
What is the noise comparison with these new wides and the original solids? I noticed a significant increase in sound between original sets (vented vs solid) and don’t really know if they’ll be better seeing their engineering is similar.

Whitetailkiller80

Lil-Rokslider
I wasnt impressed with the one deer i killed with SevR....they went done the road and arent coming back
Why I asked him above ...I heard that often from their users

I like iron will v series never had an issue with them at all for a small cut it does the job very well and always razor sharp ...slick trick also works well though for a fraction of the cost

Attachments

• AB113B15-65BD-4DD0-8069-F1D494DC29ED.jpeg
    AB113B15-65BD-4DD0-8069-F1D494DC29ED.jpeg
    529.1 KB · Views: 53

Trial153

WKR
Why I asked him above ...I heard that often from their users

I like iron will v series never had an issue with them at all for a small cut it does the job very well and always razor sharp ...slick trick also works well though for a fraction of the cost
Really simple. Terrible penetration on straight foward easy shot, then a really funky looking wound channel and angle that didnt match what should have happened.
Now before I get jumped on by guys that like them I will head it off.
~Yes my bow is tuned. I can tune a bow better then most guys as well.
~Yes i had sufficient arrow weight for penetration. 475 grains
~ Yes I admit my sample size was one, however from results it was one too many.

~ Especially consisiderig that with the same set up, with different broadheads this year i killed...moose, caribou, deer and antelope.

Whitetailkiller80

Lil-Rokslider
Really simple. Terrible penetration on straight foward easy shot, then a really funky looking wound channel and angle that didnt match what should have happened.
Now before I get jumped on by guys that like them I will head it off.
~Yes my bow is tuned. I can tune a bow better then most guys as well.
~Yes i had sufficient arrow weight for penetration. 475 grains
~ Yes I admit my sample size was one, however from results it was one too many.

~ Especially consisiderig that with the same set up, with different broadheads this year i killed...moose, caribou, deer and antelope.

I’ll Def be sticking with iron will and slick tricks... ya know I don’t like the screws for the blades but the Ramcat Diamond broadheads fly like lasers and do a pretty good hole for the size cut they are rated pretty devastating wounds

Scottyboy

WKR
How did it perform on the Muley ? Are you stopping using them after that?

good blood trail, I’m guessing he went around 75-100 yds.

did not get a pass through at 30ish yards, I think it got lodged against the ‘opposite’ front shoulder.

I’ll probably shoot them again for early season whitetails from my stand, my problem with them (and I guess most mechanicals) the bands get very brittle in the cold and break easily ie; bump they a little in your quiver

DRUSS

WKR
Has anyone had these for a few seasons yet? I am curious about potential rusting? I live close to the coast and moisture is quite high on most of my hunting seasons. Would a guy need to be oiling or coating these every season or every rainstorm?

Whitetailkiller80

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had these for a few seasons yet? I am curious about potential rusting? I live close to the coast and moisture is quite high on most of my hunting seasons. Would a guy need to be oiling or coating these every season or every rainstorm?
Have been using them for years and they are best heads made... but yes they require a q tip every so often with rem oil just to ensure no pitting or rust. But the accuracy the warranty the quality is second to none. They do damage too