Iron Will Wide Solid

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've had a ton of requests for this head through Rockslider messages, emails, and social media making it an easy decision for us. Our
first new broadhead announcement of 2021: all Wide series heads 150 grains and heavier are now solid. Our testers, including Aron Snyder, have reported them to be very strong and quiet with great penetration making big holes for quick kills and a lot of blood on the ground. They are on our website now for pre-order. Shipping in early February.

wide solid box lr.JPG

Greenmachine_1

Lil-Rokslider
Well shoot... Now I'm going to have to build an arrow around a 150 grain head. Looks cool. Solves my complaint about the wides.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How are they in wind?

I would think more surface area would create more drift.

I haven't seen a noticeable difference at 50 yards in my testing. Shots under 60 is where I would use these. They will shoot accurately much further, but a broadhead this size is less forgiving than our standards.

Is there any evidence that suggests that animals react less/different with solid vs vented, in terms of sound (doppler effect)?

-I have IW v100s

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is there any evidence that suggests that animals react less/different with solid vs vented, in terms of sound (doppler effect)?

-I have IW v100s

You'll find a wide range of opinions on whether vane and vent noise matter. My opinion from reviewing sound amplitude vs time plots from microphones down range is that the "shish" noise from blade vents isn't noticeable at the animal until the arrow is very close, like it comes out the sides as it passes. One of my furthest shots was an antelope with the v100 and he didn't move until the arrow started passing through his heart. Solid blades are quieter though for those concerned about it. Our vented wide heads are quieter than our V series also due to the size of the vents and optimization through fluid dynamic modeling.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I see John Lusk posted his review on YouTube. Thanks for testing John!