Ironwill Broadhead Tuning?

OP
Marshbanks12
So shoot a bare shaft with an Ironwill on front and see what it does? If it flys well then I know it is something with my fletching?

So shoot a bare shaft with an Ironwill on front and see what it does? If it flys well then I know it is something with my fletching?
I would recommend against shooting a bareshaft with a broadhead on the front...hard to know where the arrow will end up with nothing on the back to steer and counteract the planing of the broadhead.

You stated previously that switching from Blazers to AAE Max Stealths eliminated your vane contact issue. Why do you suspect that your fletching may still be giving you problems?

If you do want to bareshaft tune, do it with field points. If you're able to achieve the same point of impact with a bareshaft and fletched shaft, that would confirm that vane contact is not an issue.

No, they mean shoot a bare shaft with a field point and a fletched shaft with a field point at 20 yards. Assuming your form is good the impact of those two arrows will tell you what you need to do.

As far off as they currently are it may be a good idea to shoot through paper from about six feet. The tears will tell you what you need to do.

OP
Marshbanks12
Update #2:

I shot the 4 fletch AAE arrow with the Ironwill out front and it flew perfect and hit right where my 20 pin is at 20. I went back to 30 and it flew great and hit right where my 30 pin was. Problem seems to be solved, I'm going to shoot out to about 60 on Sunday to verify that there is no other issues. I appreciate all the input guys!

Wheels

WKR
I also have a Mathews V3 and with their cable guard system coming to the center of the riser, I have to shoot cock feather out in order to get clearance with Blazer vanes.

OP
Marshbanks12
So turns out after more testing and experimenting the only problem I had was the vanes hitting the cable guard system. I can shoot Blazer vanes I just need to have the cock vane at about 1 o clock. Shot the ironwills out to 60 yards with the vanes in the correct position and they flew like darts.

Here is a pic of a group I just went and shot at 100. 2 Ironwills and 2 field points. And guys say fixed don’t fly good past 60

Attachments

• DD8571D2-B0B5-4CA1-ABE7-6DDE9F427C39.jpeg
    DD8571D2-B0B5-4CA1-ABE7-6DDE9F427C39.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 37