Is a 70 pound bow with an Iron Will broad head enough to blow through an elk at 60-70 yards?

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
In my mind if you have to ask this question to people on the internet you probably shouldn’t be shooting at elk at 70 yards. I do not know the answer. But I sure as hell would not take a 70 yard shot not having any idea what my arrow will do when it gets there. Anything is possible with any shot. I’ve seen very lucky outcomes. That does not make it ethical for me.

87TT

WKR
You can't buy long range success or accuracy. "NO excuses" in hunting.

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
If you can hit it in a spot where you can get a pass through, yes.

Just better be able to hit that spot when you’re exhausted from not just a day, but days worth of hiking and hunting, maybe out of breath and with your heart beating through your chest and adrenaline pumping.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Draw weight is almost irrelevant…. Broadhead brand is almost irrelevant….
Arrow flight (ie. Are you tuned with perfect arrow flight?) arrow weight, arrow speed, broadhead sharpness, broadhead design. These are the important factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
28.5 draw, 70 lbs, with a 530 grn arrow zipped tipped with an iron will through a bull at 40 yards last year. But it’s far more about shot placement, draw length, you hit solidly in the shoulder blade where it’s meaty and you will be lucky to get one lung

Hnthrdr

WKR
Ding ding we have a winner!!!

A guy that asks a question like that will be busy shitting his pants while his site pin in shaking like he has Parkinson’s syndrome.
But how will you kill the next “fire bull” if you don’t ask the internet how your Gucci set up works on bulls at 70 yards? I guess just best to aim for the guts and find him as a dead head next year while you live stream your shed hunting right?

Full disclosure I shoot a semi Gucci set up haha

Last edited: