Is a Kifaru Timberline 2 big enough for an AK sheep hunt?

I am headed up to the Tok management area in August and I need to decide which pack. I am looking at taking a Kifaru Timerline 2, 5200 cf. I will add room with more accessory pockets. Thoughts.....?

Thanks

I've sheep hunted with similar cu in a couple times. It's doable for sure, depending on several factors. Solo? Partner? Guided w/ packer? UL camp or fairly heavy?

Load up all your camp and food for the duration of the hunt and see what kind of space you have left. Probably not a lot till you eat some food. I can tell you that you won't be fitting camp, meat, cape, and horns in 5200 at the same time without strapping gear all over the outside. BTDT. A partner with a much larger pack who can take the "fluffy" camp stuff and cape will make it much easier.

Snyd

WKR
From my experience, if you want everything in your pack it takes about 7000 cubes to pack half a ram, horns/skull and cape plus gear. Give or take depending on how bulky your gear is. That's on a 2 man hunt sharing tent, spotter, stove. I don't like stuff dangling, my pack bag is 7200cubes and it works well.

BCrob

FNG
I use the timberline 1. Think it's 7400 plus whatever the guide lid is. You aren't giving yourself much room for the meat/hide/head. I guess it all depends how full it is going in.

RyanC

WKR
As mentioned, 5200 ci is probably not going to be big enough. The T1 is a better choice than the T2 but I would also take a hard look at the AMR, especially if you already have some additional pockets. I've owned the T1 and now own the AMR. I like the AMR better simply because of the additional horizontal compression strap and the two outside pockets are much bigger. I wish the AMR had the sleeve pockets that the Reckoning has but I just attach a spotting scope pocket on it and strap by gun to the other side and it works really well. Throw a guide lid on it too and you have a TON of space.

Ryan

Bulldawg

WKR
I have a DT1 im thinking of selling if you are interested going that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP