Is Aguila .22 ammo any better or worse than the bulk .22 federal stuff?

CJ19

WKR
I've been shooting open sight cowboy .22 matches casually and have a bunch of Aguila I want to use up. I have not worked from the bench with my .22 at all so I'm not sure how much variation is likely coming from my cheap ammo. I have a bunch of bulk federal too. Anyone have an opinion on which is better?

I know there are better quality .22 rounds out there and I will switch over once I use up some of this stuff.

Anguilla shoots well for me in many of my 22s but the federal ain’t too bad either. I would get a few guns and shoot a handful of groups from both and see what your rifles like.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
Following. I have also picked up a large mix of both Aguila and Federal it seems. Found the Aguila at local dunhams for $0.07 and Federal at walmart for the same. Hoping they compare because I just sighted a new B22 in with Federal but have 4 boxes of Aguila to use up now...

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
Thanks for the responses. Walmart in my area had the federal stuff priced pretty well. 21$ for 325 rds. Usually not my go to store for ammo but was there aand saw it.

dla

WKR
I love Aguila Interceptor. Gives me 1200fps from my 6" 22lr pistol which is 200fps more than Federal 325 in a box stuff. And Interceptor is much more consistent - the Federal stuff has a 150fps ES.

Thanks for the responses. Walmart in my area had the federal stuff priced pretty well. 21$ for 325 rds. Usually not my go to store for ammo but was there aand saw it.
Those 325rd milk cartons are usually the Fed Automatch and that has been pretty darn accurate in my rifles.
I only shoot bolt action so I can't speak to function.
I've shot a lot of Aguila and, other than the 60gr SSS, is good, I'd sure as heck take it over Rem Golden Bullets.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
If you guys like to shoot and have a club that shoot .22 silhouettes with cowboy action nearby, I highly recommend it. Our club charges 5$ entry per match. 40 shots, 10 shots at 4 banks of targets. You shoot a match in less than an hour. We shoot high power and lever matches too but the .22 is way more laid back and cheaper to shoot a round with ammo costs.

WRM

WKR
What your gun likes. I got a TacSol years ago and tried probably 15+ brands, mostly premium. By far, it shoots CCI standard velocity lead bullets the best. If I do ok, I can usually end up with a 7 or 10 shot group in a ragged hole. Some of the premiums--I wouldn't even call what they did a "group". Truly surprising.

mac424

FNG
I've had luck with Aguila. Most of the time I shoot CCI standard suppressed, but if I needed something more accurate, I'd probably shoot a hotter CCI option.

Sharptail

FNG
Aguila is fine, but it stinks when shot.
LoL, so true. It's stinky but it does shoot better than even federal match for me. But I think I just got a horrible lot of federal match. Some rounds are just louder than loud and it won't group worth a poop.

It is dirty and smells but shoots better in all my guns than federal bulk stuFD. Can’t say for sure but I think it has more consistency in the powder charges. I haven’t put a chrono to it but I recall my federal bulk stuff had a fairly wide spread on veloxity round to round.

Blue72

WKR
As far as bulk ammo, I always had better accuracy and reliability with CCI standard velocity or CCI mini mags

for all out accuracy I spend extra money on match grade ammo like Eley or SK