Is ammo availability gonna affect your hunting season?

hodgeman

WKR
SO - is ammo availability gonna affect your season?
In short, no. I'm good for big game hunting for the rest of my likely natural life. The first thing I'll go short on is steel shot shells for waterfowl, but that'll be a 2023 or 2024 problem at earliest.

The current shortage is delaying the acquisition of a new rifle, since I don't want to get into a new cartridge right now and don't really want a repeat of an existing cartridge I've already got.

cciliske

FNG
I’m going to have trouble with my hog rifle as I use a 300 blackout and can’t find anything local. I didn’t stock up on this one pre pandemic unfortunately. Plenty of deer rounds though.

Still surprising seeing even the normal deer rounds like 30-30 and .308 be completely empty at the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
Nope, i have 300 143eld x seconds (i picked out 12 that had missing tips and use those for cold bore) and 200 first for my creedmore.

after that i have a few thousand rounds of 308 mostly 185gr bergers, not hunting but will put a muley down with ease, and plently of 6.5grendel, 338LM, 300blk, 223, and an assortment of other hunting ammunition for rifles i own.

Seems like no matter how many rounds I have in the safe it always hurts after I make a trip to the range. I enjoy shooting just for the stress relief factor but it’s getting harder and harder to convince myself to grab and few boxes out of my pile

OP
R

Rich M

WKR
Seems like no matter how many rounds I have in the safe it always hurts after I make a trip to the range. I enjoy shooting just for the stress relief factor but it’s getting harder and harder to convince myself to grab and few boxes out of my pile
Pretty much!

This is the time of year I like to shoot - cooler weather, the barrel doesn't get as hot as it does in the hotter months. Have a couple loads to test but just finding it difficult to go shoot.

Still looking for ammo for my hunting buddy for a possible 2022 mule deer trip. He doesn't seem to be paying any attention to the current state of affairs and I'm starting to wonder if I should adopt his attitude - well, with respect to his situation, anyway.

BCDeer

FNG
I won't. I work for a large firearms and ammo distributor so I can get what I need. Good thing since any ammo orders we place today will take 1-2 years to fill according to the ammo manufacturers we use.

Okay - I'm supposed to go to a charity sporting clay shoot and can't find any 12 ga shotshells local.

The going price online is about $150/case of 250. Some guys are asking $50 for 25 round box of #6 shot. LOL! Also looked at other ammo and keep drawing a blank. Most stuff seems sold out or way overpriced and the fight for gun rights is about to get into full swing.

I'm actually wondering about the 2022 season and if I even want to buy another point for that this year.
Only way I see it affecting me is wether I can get primers or not by then. If I can’t I’m gonna put the boom stick away and bend and send!!

Okay - I'm supposed to go to a charity sporting clay shoot and can't find any 12 ga shotshells local.

The going price online is about $150/case of 250. Some guys are asking $50 for 25 round box of #6 shot. LOL! Also looked at other ammo and keep drawing a blank. Most stuff seems sold out or way overpriced and the fight for gun rights is about to get into full swing.

I'm actually wondering about the 2022 season and if I even want to buy another point for that this year.

No it won't... I've been finding some retail factory ammo here and there. Small piece add up. My first post. Can't trade now little

I won't. I work for a large firearms and ammo distributor so I can get what I need. Good thing since any ammo orders we place today will take 1-2 years to fill according to the ammo manufacturers we use.

You ever get your hands on magnum rifle primers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCDeer

FNG
Not me, I work for a Large Gun/Ammo distributor so I just have to watch for whatever ammo I need to show up and I can get what I need before we offer it to our dealers.

It has also been tough to find primers if your reloading. Better hold onto a few and build the ammo shortage into your hunt plan.

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
i think ill trade my rifle ammo for a cabin in the woods min 5 acres (no low balls i know what ive got) and take up archery

bradb

WKR
I will practice/shoot a little less. But I have reloading supplies for 1000+ rounds for each rifle