Is anybody here an expert on Milwaukee tools?

tdhanses

WKR
Meh. Dewalt's published information is similarly as opaque. And their tools are similarly as nice. The real problem is that all these batteries are proprietary - I'd like to see a universal battery. Being locked into a battery platform the way we are is lame, especially when batteries are often more expensive than the tools they power.
This is the time of year to buy stuff, ACME Tool has great deals that give you hundreds in value in free batteries, just have to find what you need, they also have smoking deals on batteries, just have to keep your eye open.

Q child

WKR
This is the time of year to buy stuff, ACME Tool has great deals that give you hundreds in value in free batteries, just have to find what you need, they also have smoking deals on batteries, just have to keep your eye open.
Thanks for the tip tdhanses, but that's kind of the opposite of what I was saying. I want a universal battery so that I don't have to own multiple proprietary platforms. Purchased on sale or otherwise.
Kind of like my 120V outlets, they work with 120V tools from all manufacturers.

tdhanses

WKR
Thanks for the tip tdhanses, but that's kind of the opposite of what I was saying. I want a universal battery so that I don't have to own multiple proprietary platforms. Purchased on sale or otherwise.
Kind of like my 120V outlets, they work with 120V tools from all manufacturers.
Oh I know but you can get substantial savings on batteries was all i was saying. You do get locked into a brand though but anymore i’m ok with that

def90

WKR
I work in the trades.. DeWalt vs Millwaukee.. the 9mm vs .40, the Gibson vs Fender, the Ford vs Chevy.. these debates go on.

If we are talking true comparisons there is no difference. Between the two they both make consumer vs trade models. For the most part the trade models will have a metal chuck, the consumer models will have a plastic chuck. Don't buy the plastic chuck model regardless of brand and you will be fine.

CoStick

WKR
I use dewalt, but at the end of the day pick a brand and then you have plenty of batteries. I use the Eskimo drill bit with a 9v battery and never even use a half on a days trip.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I use dewalt, but at the end of the day pick a brand and then you have plenty of batteries. I use the Eskimo drill bit with a 9v battery and never even use a half on a days trip.

I have some deWalt stuff, never had an issue with it.

Last edited: