Is Buffalo Bore crazy?

I have been buying various boxes of hard cast 10mm ammo so I could perform some penetration tests and when I got to Buffalo Bore they wanted $21.84 to ship a single box. That increased the cost of the purchase 50% and they only offer one shipping option. Nobody else charges anywhere near this amount. I decided to leave em outta my test. I have purchased a lot of ammo from this company but seeing how much they wanna charge for a single box just turned me off.

buffaloboreshipping iscrazy.jpg

howl

WKR
You can buy their ammo for other online retailers. Maybe they don't want to compete with their customers.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
They oughta offer a shipping alternative or a sampler option for people like me who only need a few rounds for testing purposes.

Beendare

WKR
Could it be the additional paperwork required in CA has something to do with their high shipping?

In CA, we have to fill out paperwork for a case of ammo or one box. That is for each individual type of ammo...so if you are getting different bullet weights...or different calibers.

FWIW, I found a friendly FFL through our SCI chapter that is reasonable.....even after having to do all of the paperwork. It helps to have a relationship with an outfit like his as he keeps my info on file to pre fill the paperwork for me. He insists on doing everything by the book....but he has a system to streamline the transaction.

Re test; I for one would like to see it....though I think it's important to factor in function, if it doesn't feed 100%....then penetration doesn't mean a thing.

OP
Where's Bruce?
Wasn't an issue buying from othe
Could it be the additional paperwork required in CA has something to do with their high shipping?

In CA, we have to fill out paperwork for a case of ammo or one box. That is for each individual type of ammo...so if you are getting different bullet weights...or different calibers.

FWIW, I found a friendly FFL through our SCI chapter that is reasonable.....even after having to do all of the paperwork. It helps to have a relationship with an outfit like his as he keeps my info on file to pre fill the paperwork for me. He insists on doing everything by the book....but he has a system to streamline the transaction.

Re test; I for one would like to see it....though I think it's important to factor in function, if it doesn't feed 100%....then penetration doesn't mean a thing.

Wasn't an issue buying from other vendors.