Is it just me? - Chris Roe…

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Watching Chris Roe videos the last few nights on the elk collective. An hour and a half in I understand “why” his information is important. 90 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. I get it, he’s a biologist, highly intelligent, probably even published in scientific journals, etc… But I think the guy could write a novel as thick as War and Peace on how to fry an egg. Please tell me it gets better!

TheTone

WKR
I think I listened to one podcast and got my fill. I really think he uses his “biologist” credentials a little heavily, my quick look at google scholar returned no publications but I easily found a bunch from people I know that are actually doing real wildlife science work.. End of the day he’s trying to make a buck selling something

dlee56

WKR
I like Chris Roe, definitely long winded and over-thorough at times but as far as I can tell no one is doing quite what he has breaking down what calls are actually conveying to other elk from a biological standpoint. With Roe's strategies you could call in 8/10 bulls anytime of the year, those other bugle heavy guys are only calling in 2/10 bulls one month a year.
Point is he could write a 1000pg book on frying an egg but it'd be the best damn egg you ever had.

NickyD

FNG
Watching Chris Roe videos the last few nights on the elk collective. An hour and a half in I understand “why” his information is important. 90 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. I get it, he’s a biologist, highly intelligent, probably even published in scientific journals, etc… But I think the guy could write a novel as thick as War and Peace on how to fry an egg. Please tell me it gets better!
You might want to look elsewhere then

Ucsdryder

WKR
He and Aron had a couple of podcasts lately. I think there were 2 of them and each was like 4 hours? I get bored…not that bored.

10ringer

WKR
He and Aron had a couple of podcasts lately. I think there were 2 of them and each was like 4 hours? I get bored…not that bored.

They definitely flipped over every stone and beat several horses to death! That said Chris and Aron lay out a lot of useful and relevant information. In the short attention span world we live in now it’s good to have people like Chris Rowe take the time and thoroughly cover topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
lyingflatlander

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
I’m another hour in and I’ve changed my mind. I’ve found myself laughing a couple times, man does he get excited! I think I’ll refer to him as the Elk-a-vangelist at this point. To those of you I’ve upset, I dare you to watch the first 90 minutes of his on the collective. I’ll personally give your mother in law a singing telegram on her birthday if you can make it. All I can sing is Burl Ives Xmas tunes…

Last edited:

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
I have trouble making it past 90 seconds for most videos and podcasts of anyone before I'm fast forwarding. My mind is always yelling "get to the point already".
Funny! I understand the perspective, (I deal with it in my work) but I like to know the how and why. For me, without understanding the pathway to the end goal I cannot adapt/repeat to the end goal (In this instance, killing elk/bulls) I extract different nuggets throughout the conversation. I listened to the Chris/Aron podcast while ice fishing. So I had the time!

Ive been subscribing to his stuff every summer going into the season. It definitely works. Being able to understand the different cow sounds has really helped me out. Good stuff for $25 bucks. Get his course. It's broken down into 5 min videos on the different sounds and principles. But yeah he likes to talk lol. But imthe course is right to the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk