Is it worth it? Colorado season dates

Jaker_cc

WKR
With these new BS early season archery dates in Colorado, is it even worth it to draw an early archery tag? I know it’s all up to what I’m looking for in the hunt, but as far as the time of year and how those deer are going to be acting goes. Seems like the week they pushed it back is a critical week for deer in the high country.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
Season starts 4 days later this year than it would have under the previous season structure. If the dates hadn't changed would you have quit after 4 days? Seasons are set now so it's either go hunting or sit it out for 6 yrs and hope they change it back. Easy choice for me.

TravisIN

WKR
I’m still gonna go and just assume at least some will still be up there. Hopefully everyone says to hell with it and stay out though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoV

WKR
It was a royal screw over and then a middle finger to archery mule deer hunters by the Colorado Bowhunters Ass as they choose to throw deer hunters under the bus in so their ageing membership elk hunters could get a extra week later they "perceive" to be better.

Make no mistake the CBA could give a sh.. about mule deer hunters and proved it this year.. The CBA will never see another dime from me due to the incompetence they showed towards archery deer as it is very clear by their actions/bias that they flat out just dont car about anything but OTC elk.. I think any archery deer hunter should reconsider/stop paying membership as it is just plain sad what they have become and by pushing a extreme elk only agenda.

In the end the Colorado Bowhunters Ass intentionally took a week of hunting from deer hunters and some years archery deer will have 4 days - 4 - before both muzzy hunters are sending it 200 yds and high country shells are ripped 1000 yds across canyons essentially ending the high country archery season. So I guess the ONLY positive this year is not as bad as it will get the next couple of years.. Honestly on years archery guys only have 4-5 days before high power rifles seasons are opened it will not be worth it and soon I will pry sit a archery mule deer season out or gain points as yea the work you have to put in to find and kill a big buck will not be viable - THANKS CBA!!!!!

Will it make it harder hell yea it will.. Is it worth putting in for a late season rifle hunt and hunt with a bow? With the later dates it well might be.. There are a bunch of units that if someone has some points could make for a great rut hunt with a bow in the next 5 year cycle and is something to look at.

Yep it is a fact that the Co Bow Ass pushed for archery deer to have the worst starting date of any western state, the worst starting days in Co the past 40 years, and does not care one bit... Not a good deal at all for archery deer hunters.

Last edited: