Is kimber my only option?

Is Kimber the only 6lb, crf , 3 position safety that is chambered in 06?

Also for folks that have new ones how do you like them? Thinking of possibly picking up a Montana.

Last edited:

schmalzy

WKR

Also for folks that have new ones how do you like them? Thinking of possibly picking up a Montana.

I have a new (or as new as montanas are right now) one in 30-06. Very pleased with the rifle. Put Kimbers brake on it and it’s a dream to shoot. What else do you want to know about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmaster196

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a Mountain Ascent in 30-06. It’s under moa and I have been shooting steel at 400, about my max with that rifle. It’s great to carry.

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
Started with two 84M (.223,.260) years ago. Sold them about 10yrs ago to get into the chunk gun scene. There's three Montanas (.223, 6.5x47L, 280AI) in the stable now. Covers the bases from small critters to large.

bnsafe

WKR
I just read a article this week that howa has a new rifle just like your talking about around 5 lbs only 308. I am not comparing quality as I own neither.

I just read a article this week that howa has a new rifle just like your talking about around 5 lbs only 308. I am not comparing quality as I own neither.
Are the howas CRF?

I personally prefer push feed after owning several of both, but there are a lot of folks who prefer crf for their own reasons.

Aren’t sako crf? If I’m not mistaken, they may have some good options for you… I have had a couple A7’s which are push feed like tikka, but I thought sako was crf

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Kimber Hunter in 3006.
Like it a lot.
Wish the stock was stiffer and shorter length of pull.
Rifle works and shoots quite well.
Recoil with 180 grain fodder is stiff but the stock design and recoil pad do a good job.

Last edited: