Is Morels?

gaswamp

FNG
Those are morels. Don’t soak them in water. Clean them with a dry brush if you even need to, then just cook them however you’d like, I’d recommend butter, garlic and cast iron.

Soaking in water is unnecessary and will reduce quality and flavor.
check ur pms

JjamesIII

WKR
Yeah found a couple critters while cutting them open. Salt bath for sure. My son is itching to try them but i'm going to be the lab rat. Although I trust the folks on here I'd rather sort it out first. I did a test run with a pan fry in butter on half of one. Told him if Im still around in the morning he can have them some for breakfast, ha! Thanks for all the input.
You know they are cooked enough when the mushrooms will first release their moisture and once that is cooked out, they will make a popping sound like when you fry bacon. You definitely want to cook most every mushroom you forage, but you don’t want to over for it either

when cooking morels (sauté or fry) start them dry, let them dump the water, then add your butter and brown them.... cook the water off, then brown them in butter.... good food

finally saw my first morels today in the blue mountains, most were babies, i think the warm weather sunday finally got the soil temp right.... i have been looking hard since mid month last month