Is my buddies meat bad?

It be fine trim the freezer burnt, is this any different then letting a buck age for a month and then trimming the outer crust.?

Yes-
Freezer burning every surface is entirely different than aging.
One enhances flavor, texture and tenderness....the other degrades flavor, texture and tenderness.
And, trimming the crust from aging wastes much less than having to trim freezer burn off an entire animal.

Randle

WKR
ok i should have stated that differently. I know the difference of the aging process. point was. There is still lose to trimming . I am not saying what he did is right or wrong. We don't know the whole story as we are hearing 3rd party .

WCB

WKR
We age all of our meat and don't have to trim excessive amounts off.
Sounds like you took care of the meat in the field and gave it to him for further processing, no harm or foul. Just inform him to take it out of the game bags next time and wrap it well to prevent freezer burn.

general aging sure....but the recent fad of lets see how long we can age our meat definitely has excess waste...along with aging on carcass a lot of trim that can be ground gets tossed. waste is waste

BuckHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Hes saying hes killed many more animals than you and he knows it. Also, he is adding that he probably has processed or help processed many more than you , so he knows best.
Yeah I get it, he's a butcher that says he wouldn't eat meat processed by a butcher shop.

As long as your bud eats the dang thing and doesn't throw it out...there's no foul. If I were invited over to dinner for some Venison I may expect better as a guest but I would still help eat it.

Rich M

WKR
I got a kick out of this post. Some folks need to relax.

Just happy the guy finally wants to eat the meat but he's probably wanted to eat it for months now.

Gotta start somewhere. I think he was relying on buddy and forgot or was too shy to ask.

Reactions: BFR

Savage99

WKR
Someone’s going to lose it if they find out he shot it with a .223... I kid, I kid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should probably have a convo with your buddy at some point…

Just cut the freezer burn portions off, it’ll be fine.

cgasner1

WKR
So are we done hunting now if it freezes outside? Is this going to become a thing well it was to cold I couldn’t get him packed out before the meat froze. Man I hope so I’m looking forward to all you guys that quit applying for the late season tags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk