Is my logic sound?

Ucsdryder

WKR
My daughter turned 10 yesterday. Unfortunately she’s going to just miss most seasons when she’s 12. She LOVES antelope hunting. I’m currently sitting on 3 points. By the time she’s ready to apply I’ll have 5 points so if we go in as a party we’ll each have 2.5NR. For this hunt I’d be looking for a hunt with plenty of animals and a little bit of elbow space…I get it, that’s hard during antelope rifle season.

does this make sense? Or is she better off in a youth hunt by herself? I’m not sure how competitive the youth draw is, but she’d have 1 point going into the hunt.

stonewall

WKR
Talking Wyoming? Youth app and adult app is the same. Just a different price. So yes, party app that and don’t go opening day

you can put her in for youth in New Mexico. Odds are she won’t draw but you can try. I THINK there is no minimum age. Just need hunter ed

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Talking Wyoming? Youth app and adult app is the same. Just a different price. So yes, party app that and don’t go opening day

you can put her in for youth in New Mexico. Odds are she won’t draw but you can try. I THINK there is no minimum age. Just need hunter ed
Yes Wyoming. And yes to not hunting the opener. It’s the same here in Colorado, absolute zoo. Thank you!

stonewall

WKR
Yes Wyoming. And yes to not hunting the opener. It’s the same here in Colorado, absolute zoo. Thank you!
My daughter had a tag this year. We went 3 weeks after opener. Did have some competition but very little. Numbers were down where we were but the game plan was to go with fewer antelope and fewer people. I would do the same again. We actually had a tough hunt but I still prefer that to tripping over orange everywhere. She filled tag on day two at 200 yards

FYI if you do the special draw with youth it’s the adult special price. Only the youth regular is cheaper (we did regular)

JFK

WKR
I hunted a low point, low public access unit this year in Wy. Went after the opening week and basically had the place to ourselves. Maybe saw 3-4 other hunters the whole time we were there. It was a tougher hunt though and not sure it would have been great for a kid. Lotta driving to hit pockets of public, driving past private that was loaded with big bucks we couldn’t go after. We did get decent bucks though and had a blast.