Is my meat still good?

I sat out a pack of vacuum sealed meat yesterday trying to get it to thaw just enough to slice for jerkey.. well the wife came home and distracted me and changed my evening plans and the meat sat on the counter all night...
I'm guessing it's toast. But is there any hope?

TomJoad

WKR
It will brown better after sitting OUT of the vac pac. And agree with the other posters that it’s fine. Get it out of that vac pac and let it dry really well, season judiciously and roll!

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I have had meat sit in worse conditions. Considering this time of the year, I think you are fine.

OP
HuntInWild88
I got it out around 3pm yesterday. I'm just making jersey out of it so it still needs to sit going to sit in the fridge for another 12 hours or so in a marinade.

OP
HuntInWild88
Cool I'll rock with it.. I have a pretty iron gut. It's only for me anyway.. whats the worse that's going to happen. I have to call.of work and sit on the john all day...

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I got it out around 3pm yesterday. I'm just making jersey out of it so it still needs to sit going to sit in the fridge for another 12 hours or so in a marinade.
With all the salt and spices that will go in the marinade, I think you'll be fine. I am from Asia, and when they hunt big game there, the meat usually hangs in the hunt camp for a day or two. In comparison, your meat is in better condition.

Crack open the vacuum bag. Unless the meat smells BAD, you are good to go.

If you want to be double sure, just bring your jerky up to temp (180 F) for a few minutes after you cure it.

OP
HuntInWild88
It all worked out good..gave me a little gas that wife didn't appreciate..but my jerkey always give me some gas...

I think that everything is fine with him, the more I can sometimes leave it like that for a day and nothing happens) So eat and do not worry about anything)))