Is the AFL-CIOs participation in Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership lobbying a breach of ethics or conflict of interest?

Arthas

FNG
After listening to a podcast about trcp, I was looking through some conservation lobbying groups and what they have been up to and saw that the AFL CIO is part of TRCP. Can someone out there explain how a public union lobbying with a conservation lobbyist group that receives or directs public grant funding is not a conflict of interest or a breach of ethics rules? I'm not sure how this is OK but perhaps I do not understand the nature of their membership/relationship.

I do know that conservation is not the primary priority of the union. The federal employee union has far greater interest in employee pay and benefits, work schedules, etc than conservation. Furthermore, the union has a major stake in keeping members employed and increasing membership. All of these interests can and likely do directly conflict with the interests of sportsman and conservation. That is not to dismiss some of the mutual benefits or interests that the union shares with conservation groups bc those exist too.

t_carlson

WKR
I have no idea why those two entities would intersect in any manner. AFL-CIO is rotten to the core.