Is the Kifaru Dall Pack a failed product ? ( perhaps also the Gnargali ? )

mikekry

FNG
I recently posted an almost new Kifaru Dall pack, Duplex Lite Frame, large X-Pack pouch, medium X-Pack pouch, two small X-Pack pouches and rain fly for sale in the classifieds section. The cost for this package was about $900 plus tax. I offered it for sale for $700 plus free shipping. I received very little interest. I don't know for certain why there is a lack of interest even at a significant discount but obviously there is a lack of demand for my package

Do you think the lack of X-Pack around the entire pack is the reason my pack is not selling or is there another design flaw with that pack ?

Last edited:

id_jon

WKR
Considering that they had an extended lead time on them for several weeks, I would say probably not.
Over 300 views on the post seems fairly high, so I'd say there's at least curiosity. Me personally, I am not interested in the Dall because it is way bigger than I need, and I think that goes others as well. And if you aren't willing to separate, that would also be a factor I think. I already have a frame, if a Gnargali popped up at a 10-20% discount I would probably jump on it.

Considering that they had an extended lead time on them for several weeks, I would say probably not.
Over 300 views on the post seems fairly high, so I'd say there's at least curiosity. Me personally, I am not interested in the Dall because it is way bigger than I need, and I think that goes others as well. And if you aren't willing to separate, that would also be a factor I think. I already have a frame, if a Gnargali popped up at a 10-20% discount I would probably jump on it.
The Reckoning is discounted at the moment. I may have to buy one.

I posted a new Hoodlum and duplex lite Frame package a week ago and got zero PMs or responses in the thread, and the hoodlum is definitely a well proven product. I have no issue with it, I just have another duplex lite with a 44 mag and Stryker xl I’m good with. I have no issue hanging onto it because I like having the versatility, but I think timing is more the issue rather than interest or a failed product.

Between the 2 though, I’d go for the Gnargali.

jt4

WKR
Myself and a few others offered to buy specific pieces, including the pack itself. I think you would have had more luck and probably made out better splitting it up in my opinion. Like others have said though, hard time to sell a pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro953

WKR
I recently posted an almost new Kifaru Dall pack, Duplex Lite Frame, large X-Pack pouch, medium X-Pack pouch, two small X-Pack pouches and rain fly for sale in the classifieds section. The cost for this package was about $900 plus tax. I offered it for sale for $700 plus free shipping. I received very little interest. I don't know for certain why there is a lack of interest even at a significant discount but obviously there is a lack of demand for my package

Do you think the lack of X-Pack around the entire pack is the reason my pack is not selling or is there another design flaw with that pack ?

Also, to be honest 700.00 is a decent discount on a fairly new setup. With all of the scamming going on recently and you not having a lot of post/history on the site buyers may be leery.

I am not necessarily accusing you of scamming, just pointing out that multiple folks have been scammed on pack sales recently so I would expect to be put though some due diligence hoops.

I agree with what others have said here: tough time to sell a pack, $700 is still a bunch of money, etc.

Honestly, I wanted to buy it until I saw the seam grip all over the inside of the bag

10ringer

WKR
I can only speak for myself and I would never knock a company like Kifaru that bends over backwards for its customers. The Gnarli and Dahl didn’t check enough boxes for me to replace my reckoning. When a 100% Xpac sub 2 pound bag with a full length waterproof zipper and no pockets or webbing arrives, myself and a lot of others will have less money in their bank account.

Anozira

WKR
I think if you had split it up, it would have sold and probably without taking as much of a hit to your wallet. While it is a nice set up, its a turn key package and you have have to find the right buyer to drop that much money on a complete set up. Most guys here already have there own pack system and are just looking for pieces here and there to compliment it.

I posted a new Hoodlum and duplex lite Frame package a week ago and got zero PMs or responses in the thread, and the hoodlum is definitely a well proven product. I have no issue with it, I just have another duplex lite with a 44 mag and Stryker xl I’m good with. I have no issue hanging onto it because I like having the versatility, but I think timing is more the issue rather than interest or a failed product.
it's 100% a timing thing.... kifaru stuff flies off of the classifieds all year on either side of fall hunting season, but by now, people have what they need knowing they have to or they won't have it period.

i didn't know how i would like the duplex lite, kifaru has a similar following as mathews (though not near as feminine) and that made me nervous.... i know they make good stuff (both companies) i own a good amount of kifaru stuff and liked it all.

i was trying to find a used frame, or pack system in case i didn't like it, i would be able to get my money back and buy something else, but i couldn't find anything, i saw several that sold right away, they just go fast in the classifieds almost all year.

i ended up buying new, got a frame and reckoning, and after wearing it a little i was actually impressed, for me, they live up to the hype they get, and got a stryker xl shortly after.... i see why they don't last, i expect my setup to last a few years without any issues.... i still have an EXO i like a lot and wouldn't sell, and planned on using it archery hunting and the kifaru for backpacking in and rifle hunting, but after about a week of elk hunting i switched to the kifaru with the stryker xl, and it's just a better setup in the brush, streamlined and doesn't get hung up as bad.

he needs to hold onto his setup until after fall hunting seasons, and it will probably sell pretty quick, or use it until spring and sell it quick then.

i don't see kifaru selling anything that could be considered a fail, the new stuff they bring out is a refined version of something else that is developed through feedback of people out there using stuff how it's designed to be used, and they seem to do really well in that regard..... everything i have of theirs has super well thought out features.... practical and tough