Is there a better life !

Opah

WKR
3am stumbling around camp Coffee heating and loading up your pack, Thermos full and your head out into the darkness. Hiking out into the woods being lead by the soft glow of red, reading the shadows and ridge lines like map references. The air is cold and your breath steams back behind you as you start up the slope to your blind, still pitch black you climb into your blind and get set up and comfortable. 5am the dew around you starts to crackle, the air grows crisp and you can feel the cold thru your jacket, 530am your heart starts pounding the sun rises and starts to light up the west side slopes, binoculars glued to your eyes you follow the the sun down waiting for the glistening of a antler, or the flicker of a ear. 6am the sun is up, the forest is alive and your are Hunting.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
then you get eyes on the 5x5 you have been waiting for all your hunting life, he's only 40 yards out, you put the crosshairs right where you know the shot will put him down in his tracks, release the safety, exhale, and your cell phone goes off and your hunt comes crashing down in a " your wife's on the phone song" she want's to know if you are having any luck.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Mine was a pig hunt in Central Cal. My friend got a call from another friend who couldn't make the trip. Who let the dogs out, came rain down on my hunt.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Hunkered down in your Blind Glassing a hill side intently and then you feel this Hot breath on the back of your neck and jump out of your skin just to find some ones Lost Floppy eared Irish setter behind you

Last edited:
Read the whole thing trying to figure out where a guy would hike with a thermos, then the “blind”. Nice! Love waiting on the sun, unless it’s not on purpose.

WCB

WKR
Then a low grown or grunt....the morning Coffee is making its presence known. You rush out of your blind like a Pheasant flushed from its hide. The morning air nips at your a$$ as unleash the beast from your insides. Then realize you may need to sacrifice the warmth of one foot as you forgot TP.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
and your cell phone goes off and your hunt comes crashing down in a " your wife's on the phone song" she want's to know if you are having any luck.
My cell phone goes off (as in turned off) as soon as I pull into my spot to set up camp for the season. Ya, life is good without a phone or any other distraction from life to bother me during elk season.