Is there as Pack without compression straps over outside pockets?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is there a light weight pack that has compression straps for the main compartments that doesn't go over the outside pockets?

I hate trying to access the built in outside pockets and always deal with the compression straps. I want quick easy access to the pockets without having to do a couple buckles. I'm looking at Kifaru systems now, with the modularity, but all the molle and pals adds weight that I don't need. I like my Kuiu for light weight packs, but dealing with the straps hanging everywhere and messing with them every time gets annoying.

Seek outside does some custom work, you might ask them if the can build you a pack with with holes on either side of the pocket so you can strap over it or through it, possibly a strap tunnel underneath it

It might be bigger than you're looking for, but have you looked at the Kifaru Fulcrum?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jauwater

WKR
Seek Outside Peregrine compression straps only go over the sides. Leaving the pockets on the back free.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
The fulcrum. People complain it’s a really scrappy pack. But the pockets are accessible and the straps are there when you need them.

Maybe a belt pouch on the belt and a large for the lid and you don’t need anything else. As far as accessories go.

KineKilla

WKR
I can get into the outside pockets on my Kuiu without undoing the straps.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at the kifaru muskeg series, the front offset zipper to access the bag doesnt have any straps that cross it and with a couple belt pouches on the back you can get at most everything without messing with straps. I fully agree with not liking to mess with a bunch of straps to get into a bag.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
All of Seek Outside’s packs now come with gate keeper attachments for their compression straps. You can add/delete/move straps as you see fit in a matter of seconds.

It’s possible other pack’s straps could be fitted with these.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the kifaru mountain warrior because I'm not a fan of horizontal straps. Access to the large front pocket and horse shoe zip main bag without messing with straps.

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Kifaru shape charge. The pockets have the compression straps run through slots. You can compress just the bag or whatever is in the pocket. Not sure what size pack your looking for but the shape charge is a decent size day pack with the feature your after.