Is there hope for Meateater?

Rinella, Newberg, Hanes................and all the rest work for who is paying them the most.

Much like the news, I have stopped listening to and watching just about everyone except my local news and a few local papers.

In my opinion it is all taking away from the outdoor experience.

Let the purse fight continue!

*zap*

WKR
Kelly's Heroes = Epic!

I thought things were getting bad and after careful evaluation/reflection I came to the conclusion that I underestimated how bad it actually is.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow. 15 pages. Can’t imagine all that reading. I’ve never understood the draw to M. E. so I’m going to go with NO.

Sled

WKR
i don't even watch the youtubers. can't stomach most of them. about the only one i respect enough to watch is newberg. he seems to have values that the others don't.

fwiw, i couldn't bring myself to google "meat eater". i'm afraid of what might pop up on the screen.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
“That escalated quickly”

I just can’t get into podcasts. But if I don’t like the content of any media I just change the channel. No need to get my panties in a bunch.

I don’t have the energy to waste on what others think.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Rinella has always been a liiby on the left. I recall his whiny FB post when Trump got elected back in 2016. I used to watch his content and have listened to a couple of the podcasts. No more. I watch shows and programming that avoid politics - namely motocross and various hunting shows. The second they go political, let alone woke, I tune out. I believe in what Dr MLK said to do: judge people on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Also per the Bible, Love the Lord and love your neighbor. Nothing else needs to be said. Anything else coming from people on TV is some form of an agenda of which I don't need to spend energy on.

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
I'm anti-contrived, political agendas being thrown non-stop into my face. It's not the subject matter that's the issue, it's that its fashionable and politically expedient, lacking in sincerity. It's everywhere and is used to manipulate you in many different contexts. In a different context they could be discussing "the hunting history of the proletariat and how the bourgeoisie suppressed their ability to do so." Critical theory is just the repackaged toxic Marxism of the post-modernist Mensheviks that fled to the West when Lenin seized power. They first went to Germany, then setup shop in the US. This BS can be traced from sellout Rinella, all the way back to the Bolshevik Revolution, easily. The problem is, everyone sits around consuming superficial garbage like the MeatEater podcasts instead of reading books.
They actually ran an ad for Ibram X. Kendi's podcast on CRT during yesterday's show. From Marx and Lenin to the Frankfurt school to Mercuse and now Kendi. The ideology is easily traced. The oxford scholars were already called critical theorists. The neos just added race. "All hitherto history is the history of class struggle"- Marx. The Neo commies just replace the term class with the term race. I really didn't peg the meateater folks as commie supporters. It must have been coming in slowly since they got bought by the Churnin group or whatever it's called.

Rinella has always been a liiby on the left. I recall his whiny FB post when Trump got elected back in 2016. I used to watch his content and have listened to a couple of the podcasts. No more. I watch shows and programming that avoid politics - namely motocross and various hunting shows. The second they go political, let alone woke, I tune out. I believe in what Dr MLK said to do: judge people on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Also per the Bible, Love the Lord and love your neighbor. Nothing else needs to be said. Anything else coming from people on TV is some form of an agenda of which I don't need to spend energy on.

I missed that thankfully. What was the FB post?

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
Old Meateater vs new Meateater

Attachments

• AF6ED746-64B3-4333-966A-5658C909B7E7.jpeg
    AF6ED746-64B3-4333-966A-5658C909B7E7.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 9CAB91B7-C420-41A3-8850-2CC7FB64D3E3.jpeg
    9CAB91B7-C420-41A3-8850-2CC7FB64D3E3.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 64
They actually ran an ad for Ibram X. Kendi's podcast on CRT during yesterday's show. From Marx and Lenin to the Frankfurt school to Mercuse and now Kendi. The ideology is easily traced. The oxford scholars were already called critical theorists. The neos just added race. "All hitherto history is the history of class struggle"- Marx. The Neo commies just replace the term class with the term race. I really didn't peg the meateater folks as commie supporters. It must have been coming in slowly since they got bought by the Churnin group or whatever it's called.
Steve has become a useful idiot.